Reviews (3 009)
3 009 results
1 469
1 469
See what travellers are saying:
119 - 124 of 3 009 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I do not understand how such a hotel can continue to renew its operating permit. The carpet looked not vacuum cleaned for weeks.nail clippings, hair and other stuff of previous guests still on the carpet.bathroom have dried marks of urine or water spills of previous occupant.you will be thinking of risks to get sickness or get fleas!!This is to give you a picture about the degree ofsub standard hygiene in there.
I booked for three nights but after the first evening ( which felt too long to endure) I was in a hurry to leave to go somewhere else.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Sally S
Birmbritannia, Front Office Manager at Britannia Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

I am sorry to read that the hotel did not meet with your expectations

All comments, both good and bad are discussed with the relevant departmental managers as it is only through receiving feedback from guests that we are able to monitor the level of service we provide thus enabling us to make improvements where necessary.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is not somewhere I would ever take my child or stay in again. It was dirty and very run down. This hotel either needs a lot of money put into it or to close completely. Would not recommend even though price is attractive.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank carolineniven

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

....it is a half way house.
Do not book this if you are visiting Birmingham.

It serves a purpose for those that are in need but it is not a place to stay if you are visiting for business or pleasure.

It is filthy, smells of cannabis and there were many very troubled people in and around the building.

You can see it was once probably quite nice but sadly no longer.

I absolutely understand that society needs a places of safety for those in need, however, those places shouldn't also masquerade as hotels. The photos on the website certainly didnt match the reality.

Just go somewhere else, seriously, dont bother.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank garyowales

Regards.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Simply put this is one of the worst hotels I have ever had the displeasure of staying in. It's a warm day and the aircon does not work, no window that opens and a fan that just moves warm air around. Booked because of location and wifi, do I get wifi in the room? No. Room and hotel so outdated for what is a prime city centre location.

I can see a purple prison aka premier inn across the road and I am tempted to go over and see if they have any rooms.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank SimonLeeds1981

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Nothing positive to say about this hotel! The room had no window, stank of stale cigarette smoke, the air con just made a lot of noise without blowing out any cold air. It was literally a sweat box! The lifts and corridors stank of cannabis. The decor looked like it was from the 1800’s! There was one thin pillow to sleep on, no others provided as stated, but wouldn’t have had a good sleep anyway as I was not going to chance getting into the bed. Laying on top was the only option anyway in the sweat box! The bar was not open on the 2 times we went to it. The staff were unfriendly. Definitely would not recommend even one night in this hotel!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple