“Terrible”

Ranked #2 000 of 2 518 Restaurants in Birmingham
Neighbourhood: Ladywood
Neighbourhood: Ladywood
Reviewed 9 October 2021

Absolutely terrible service DIDNT have half the things on the menu and didn’t have any beef what type of restaurant don’t have beef then WQS ever so rude and started assuming things the staff name that was the rudest is ishtiaq ever so upset about this

Date of visit: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (33)

Reviewed 14 August 2020

I was told by the restaurant the £10 discount is per order and not per diner - so please be aware if you choose to dine at Birmingham Brance.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 4 August 2020 via mobile

Very dissapointed with overall experience. Firstly told we would have to wait an indefinite length of time for a family of five until my wife suggested the couple who had just been seated on the only large table could be relocated to the single table. Staff seemed like it was their first day on the job. Albeit they were 'nice' but that doesn't cut it when they lack initiative and attentiveness. I only saw the manager at the start when she was busy on her mobile and at the end when I just had to give my feedback aka complain.

The food I would consider basic and not in line with a premium franchise/outlet charging premium prices (£8.50 for simple burgers - patty barely filled the small buns yet alone the overhang as per pics I've seen here on tripadvisor) without side if chips etc....the crinkle fries tasted good albeit £6 is steep once you add the half filled pot of cheese sauce.

The beef burger was over seasoned with salt and I couldn't be bothered to chase down the staff as I had done so once already to find some missing items from the order and the menu stated medium spice.

The milkshakes which I later ordered are not worth £6 in any dimension. It's a shame Eds shakes next door were closed by then. Instead I had to endure these overpriced ones (smallish size) with missing components as the guy making them confirmed when prompted.

When asked for the manager, I was quite astonished it was the girl on the mobile phone at the start. She was 'nice' enough but couldn't action my complaint beyond taking my email and seeking permission from powers above to do something. Again. astounded. What kind of manager is not sanctioned to handle a basic level complaint such as mine other than one who has a paper title of manager. Inferior experience unfortunately from beginning to end. Was looking forward to trying this much hyped burger and milkshake joint but seriously dissapointed.

Date of visit: August 2020
3  Thank TelfordAdventurer
Reviewed 11 March 2020

Me and my sister stopped here to have waffles and milkshakes. The lady that served us was lovely as was the other staff. There is a huge choice of different milkshakes and waffle toppings. The milkshakes are a little pricey, but man was it delicious.
The waffle was huge and very generously topped as well as coming with other nice extras.
Highly recommend if you have a sweet tooth!

Date of visit: March 2020
1  Thank Pizzaface8
Reviewed 2 February 2020 via mobile

Visited with a friends as we’ve wanted to visit the place for a while.

The Birmingham branch didn’t disappoint as such ... with the exception that it is overpriced for what you get and there’s not a lot on the menu. The burger is small and sides are to be bought seperately, however, we enjoyed them (just wasn’t enough).

All in all, we had a pleasant experience, although we won’t be returning for a while!

Date of visit: January 2020