All reviews home from home great apartments wet room snow hill station these apartments great location stay there again stayed here minute walk bedroom sofa toiletries wifi tv
Reviewed 30 September 2018

all of us booked with same company yet friends got cooker and I did not. shower had cold water only. noisey room opposite bar and club. rang reception 7 times at night to ask what was wrong with the shower. nobody rang back for an hour. told I could shower in another room and then come back to mine but could not change room. told my company were at fault for booking me cheap room. company booked all rooms the same amount. I would avoid staying here unless you absolutely have to.

looked ok in photos but skid marks on a toilet, a bed thats small, no cooker in some rooms and hair upset me. I dont think they wanted to help me at all

The TV was good, the sofa was good.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Mark H
infoA461XV, General Manager at No 8 Waterloo St Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Mark

You do not say when you stayed but on reviewing the calendar I believe we can ascertain this!

It is very important that people get a clear picture of the situation here
We have pictures of the apartments pre your stay these were sent to your company to establish that the things highlighted in the above were not true. I explained everything to your company myself and they understood the situation and were appreciative of the fact we upgraded some when we had availability and offered the use of another kitchen in a Luxury apartment . So you had the use of two apartments if there was no hob available

The apartments were booked through a third party and they booked x 2 Deluxe apartment and x2 Premium Premiums are bigger than the Deluxe . We have no control over what a third party would decide to book for you as it is automatically linked to our calendar. We were nearly full so when the third party booked they had the last available Deluxe and Premium apartments in the system. That was their selected option for yourselves.

When you checked in I myself explained the difference as the Deluxe is a smaller unit , they do have a well equipped kitchen but some do not have hobs as they as for short stays as explained on the third parties booking platform.

To clarify there is a microwave oven, grill in all apartments with facilities of a normal kitchen apart from the above as explained in certain types.

We have live-in staff , on call number and security

For anyone reading this review, I think it is very important that both sides are considered obviously.

What has been reviewed on camera, CCTV, phone and with staff in general , I am happy we did all we could with the situation in hand at the time.

Many thanks

Reviewed 24 September 2018

I booked via hotels.com over 3 weeks in advance and was emailed the day before I was due to stay to tell me that they had overbooked and would be cancelling my reservation... Not ideal when travelling for work!

I would be very wary about booking with these guys via a 3rd party based on my experience.

1  Thank Totaltravel84
infoA461XV, General Manager at No 8 Waterloo St Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear Joel
Thank you for your review but sadly you have been misinformed and I will be speaking with Expedia now

Your booking was cancelled as we are full tonight and you had no working toilet

We felt that giving you 26 hours notice of the issue would give Expedia time to relocate the booking

We are sorry that you have been given the wrong information which has led to this statement about ourselves.

Sometimes within the industry we do have to book out guests

Many thanks

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Having browsed hotels in the centre of Birmingham I happened across No 8 Waterloo St Apartments. The rooms looked excellent and the price was less than some well known value for money hotels. So I thought lets give this a try.

The greeting on reception (an small office) was warm and welcoming. I was shown to my room and was immediately impressed. The apartment was well furnished and equipped. I spent a relaxing evening in my room, slept well and was refreshed for the next day's business in Birmingham.

I will be back....

Reviewed 13 September 2018

I've stayed here numerous times on business and loved it. Every single apartment i've stayed in has been immaculately clean and well equipped. The gorgeous interiors are what separate this place from the rest - the owners have great taste! Great location and easy to access even out of hours with an e-key sent straight to your phone. I feel really safe and at home staying here.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are quiet and have lots of natural light!
Reviewed 11 September 2018

I have loved my stays at No8 Waterloo Street. The customer service is top notch from the courtesy call on arrival day, meet and greets and being shown to the apartment, these details were always a nice touch lost on other companies offering similar services.

The apartments themselves are finished to a high standard and are located with a wealth of bars and restaurants literally on the doorstep. Although that being said the soundproofing in the rooms means a cosy night sleep whenever you decide to retreat for the night.

I have stayed twice already and will definitely be staying again. In my experience of competitors in the area, these win hands down and will always be my first choice going forward.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple