“Best Desi Chai”
Review of Chaiiwala

Chaiiwala
Ranked #830 of 2 443 Restaurants in Birmingham
Description: chaiiwala (noun [U] UK / chaii : ' WA : . la / ) : A tea artist. A connoisseur. A master craftsman of tea, known as Chai in the Indian sub-continent. Using base materials of water, milk, tea leaves that are brewed to perfection with a skill and art that is passed down generations. The Chaiiwala perfects the art of tea.. haiiwala® is a unique and independent, quality food brand. We are a fast-casual operation with dine in and take-away elements. The decor and theme are centered on the Indian Taj Mahal with the use of grey and white washed wood to modernise the colour scheme. Our distinctive lighting adds a trendy cutting edge to the design and feel of each store.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’m just an average person so my taste in tea and food is probably different to those other there however I can honestly say if you are a fan of desi tea then chaiiwal is the one for you.
The tea is always fresh which is such a good feeling and I feel like for me they never let me down. The price of the tea is resonanble and the food menu alongside it is perfect for a little nibble hear and there.
I would recommend the masala chips. The portion is just right and again fresh , but most of all it is bursting with flavour.
Another popular option is the Nutella wrap.
You have to understand these are only small breakfasty type of foods so the’re not full on meals. They’re enough to satisfy your needs.
I would 100% reccomend chaiiwala for those desi tea fans.
Hope you enjoy

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had Desi Breakfast with Kadhak chai. Roti, dhal, desi omelet. The dhal is delicious. Tea is bit strong with the taste of cardamoms but this is part of the desi breakfast experience. The cheesecake is delicious. The only problem is that on a Sunday they advertise 9am opening but the shutters are still down at 9.15 and this has happened two or three times. Apart from that, all good.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Their chai was good however the baji in pav baji was stale and samosas tasted bad. I liked the karak chai, would have prefferred to have the chai in a glass rather than the awful paper cup. I had high hopes but disappionted by the quality of food. Went back the second time and same problem with food. Stick to chai if i ever go back.

1  Thank Sajid M
sohail a, Public Relations Manager at Chaiiwala, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Hi Sajid It seems you have had some very poor experiences at our store. Please get in touch with us via email at info@chaiiwala.co.uk so that we may compensate you with some vouchers.

Also a clearer indication on the date and times you visited would be great so that we may check back who and what you were being served.

Team Chaiiwala

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

What can I say
Nice customer service
Nice food
I had a cone of vegetable samosas and a cone of Mogo cassava fingers finished with the perfect gazebo sweet sauce yum absolutely delicious
Just as it's said on the menu is exactly how it taste perfect 2.50 each so filling you won't want anything else
@chaiiwala soho road handsworth opposute tge college well worth the trip
I reccommend this resturant to anyone that wants good tasting food and anyone that knows me knows when it comes to my belly im fussy and this food just had me wanting more

Reviewed 16 May 2018

This is no doubt a lovely looking tea house, mainly due to the branding and presentation. However parking is difficult so be prepared to park further away and walk to the location. The venue could be consider cosy if not for the steel chairs which give off an air of coldness. Service is generally slow but the chai is consistently good. I found the quality of food disappointing against the price point. Many places offer a more authentic desi breakfast which is better tasting and better priced.