“Halloween/Birthday”

Cogs Bar
Ranked #57 of 153 Nightlife in Birmingham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The original home of Steampunk in the Midlands - We play a unique blend of music, every day of the week featuring live performances and a variety of exclusive beverages for you to enjoy. Our atmospheric Victorian design allows you to immerse yourself within the true Cogs experience.
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Went for Halloween night and the place was packed. Really awesome music and atmosphere. Drinks were reasonably priced and ever since new management took over, they serve pints after 10!

They have three floors and all were really unique. Enjoyed my experience so much that we came back and rented out the Penthouse Room for my birthday. Staff was accommodating and made my birthday really great.

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

A quirky bar that looked like it could be a good music venue although no band was playing when we visited. Some interesting art work around and a cool vibe. Reasonably priced drinks for a city bar.

Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

Not really my scene especially the music but it's a Rock bar.I went there because we had a Groupon voucher.Their cocktail menu is limited but interesting.Chilled crowd and atmosphere.

Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

What a fantastic bar! A really nicely set out up and coming steam punk bar with a welcoming feel! Not to mention Hobgoblin on tap! I helped myself to a couple of cocktails I would recommend The Cthulu!
Thanks too the bar staff for their attentive service and to the lovely young lady on the bar (awesome hat BTW) who leant me her charge cable. It is worth mentioning that this pub has USB access on sockets located next to seating and a projector set up playing steam punk movies and animé.

I wish you all the best with this venture and will be coming back periodically to enjoy the atmosphere again!

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

Walked past and thought we'd give it a try. Glad we did. A bar with a difference. Looks and feels alternative. Beer (stout) was excellent and the barman very friendly. They have a lot of live music. Didn't get to hear the reggae band that was due to play later. We were there early evening and the bar was quite. Barman was quite happy to play music of your choosing while it is quite. Will definitely go back again.