“Excellent service”

Hathaway Tea Rooms
Price range: US$3 - US$48
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Stratford, Hathaway Tea Rooms is one of the town's finest tea rooms, with a delectable range of home cooked dishes on its breakfast and lunch menus, and of course, the iconic Cream Tea and Afternoon Tea. Plus, with a small function room available all day and the option to hire the entire building in the evenings, Hathaway Tea Rooms is fast becoming known as one of the quirkiest function rooms in Stratford! We also have a smoke free, dog friendly garden too with seating for over 50.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Service with a smile, quality food and generally a lovely place to visit - highly recommend it if you’re visiting Stratford-upon-Avon x

Write a ReviewReviews (1 271)

37 - 41 of 1 271 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Nice and lovely tea room, with a variety of homemade cakes. Moreover, when the weather is good there is a beautiful garden with some tables.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My partner really fancied a fry up so we went and sat in the garden as it was a lovely day.

We ordered from the grumpiest girl I think I’ve ever encountered and I knew from the very start she wasn’t listening. I joked with my partner that our order would be wrong, sure enough it was. I very politely repeated what I’d asked for and my plate was whisked away with just a grunt.

Anyway, to cut a long review short (and stop my whinging), when the correct food arrived it was really delicious.

Fortunately the older lady who cleared our plates was really lovely so obviously not all of the staff got out of bed the wrong side!

1  Thank Becky H
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Cakes to die for. Splendid service. Building of character. Thoroughly enjoyable experience. To be recommended.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

You have to visit this very old building complete with wonky Tudor floors and beams with a fantastic atmosphere it really sets this Tea room apart, the service is fantastic and the menu selection is of the highest quality, with homemade cakes, scones and sandwiches. We had an afternoon tea for 2 with prosseco and it was divine and struggled to finish the tower of food consisting of finger sandwiches homemade fruit scones with cream and jam topped off with a selection of cakes. If you come to Stratford Upon Avon a visit to Hathaway’s Tea Rooms is an absolute must you will not be disappointed !