Reviews (2 437)
2 437 results
1 562
1 562
All reviews character room grand room roll top bath lovely hotel car park walk in shower fresh milk in the fridge lots of character eggs benedict central location shakespeare's birthplace large bathroom lovely room full english old building centre of town excellent breakfast
11 - 16 of 2 437 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I spent one night here on our way to Liverpool. The hotel is adorable and is full of Tudor ambience but with a modern twist. Our room was on the second floor and although small it was comfortable. I have two issues that are more preferential to me than deal breakers for anyone else. First, as a woman of a certain age I like it cold. We had trouble getting the air working so I was hot and sweaty most of the night. Second, the pipes made a horribly loud screeching when turned on. The bed and pillows are very comfortable; the bathroom is huge and well appointed. Breakfast was included and was delicious. The location is perfect for exploring Stratford-upon-Avon.

Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank X3536OZangelas
Sol_Yepes, General Manager at The White Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear X3536OZangelas,

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted that you found the hotel to be adorable, and the location perfect to explore Stratford-Upon-Avon. We are very fortunate to be so close to most of the things tourists come to see.

I am sorry that you had an issue with the temperature. In the winter the element to make the room cold is normally turned off, and after your request to reception we changed it at the main panel which I understand rectified this issue. The pipes can make a noise but if the tap is opened a little more it solves this – it is due to water pressure being high.
It pleased me to read your comments regarding breakfast – it is quickly becoming a thing of legend as we are getting so many compliments lately!

I hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I booked this hotel after much deliberation as there was so much choice within Stratford, as a surprise for my boyfriend's birthday. I chose it as the bedrooms looked so nice and it had such good reviews. It didn't disappoint at all! Immaculate, clean bedroom with a large bathroom and great facilities! Good choice of tea and coffee within the room and the fresh milk in the fridge is a nice touch too. There was a comments box when I booked the room so I added in there that it was my partner's birthday, and there was some delicious cake waiting for us in the room. A short walk from the centre, and literally round the corner from Shakespeare's birthplace, ideal for what we wanted. Breakfast was lovely, the only criticism about that was the bacon being streaky bacon... but don't let that put you off!

Date of stay: November 2018

Dear NNew1988,

Thank you for your review.

Firstly, I hope your boyfriend had a great birthday - Happy birthday from us here!

I understand that there is a lot of choice for people in Stratford, which is why we go the extra mile with our service, and the little extras we put into all of the rooms, and little touches like the cake - we care!

I would like to tell you that we have special Valentine's offers to include Free Prosecco and chocolates when you stay with us, so if he reads this, he might treat you next time?!

I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Visiting for the weekend decided to pop in for Sunday lunch before the long drive home.

The Roast dinner was exactly what we wanted cauliflower cheese was exceptional tasty a must for anyone visiting for a few days.

Date of stay: October 2018

Dear holiday456475464,

Thank you for your review.

I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Sunday lunch with us and I hope it set you up for the long drive home?

I hope we can see you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 November 2018

Set in the heart of this historic town, The White Swan is the epitome of Shakesperian history today. It veritably oozes the culture and years of middle England. Characterful and atmospheric, you cannot help but be drawn into its web of what it must have witnessed over the years. Take the weight off your feet for just a short while, grab a coffee or something a little stronger and soak up the feel of its heritage.

Date of stay: September 2018

Dear Malcom H

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted to read that you found the hotel to be characterful and atmospheric.

I hope we can be of service again in the future.

Reviewed 8 November 2018

We love this Hotel so decided to return again this year. Lovely room clean and comfortable .Nice turn down chocolates and great biscuits.The location is so convenient being in the center of town.Lovely see John again who is always so helpful. Would highly recommend this hotel. .

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank IsabelToronto
Sol_Yepes, General Manager at The White Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear IsabelToronto,

Thank you for your review, and for returning to stay with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed this visit as much as the first, and you liked the biscuits and chocolates we leave at turndown.

I will pass on your kind words to John, and we hope to see you again soon.