Reviews (1 959)
1 959 results
All reviews the river bistrot pierre sister hotel across the road car park excellent location town centre lovely hotel rsc theatre fresh milk executive room enjoyable stay weekend break evening meal one night stay breakfast was excellent full english lovely room
8 - 13 of 1 959 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful large room.
Powerful shower.
Good quality sheets.
Good breakfast.
The Bear PH on site.
Restaurant on site- fantastic food and good value.
Toiletries and towels provided.
Parking.
£5 parking fee for permit payable on departure.
Place door key card into slot next to door to activate electricity in room.
Brilliant location- 10 minute walk into town.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
James B, General Manager at Macdonald Swan's Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Emma-Grace A

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to Macdonald Swans Nest Hotel. I am delighted you have enjoyed your stay.

I will share your comments with my team and colleagues at the Bistrot Pierre.

I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Macdonald Swans Nest in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked in for one night room 67 right over the generators which went off around 11pm and back on at 7pm given we were staying a Sunday night they could have done better by upgrading us as most hotels are not full on Sunday nights and have cheaper rates. The flooring was very bad the worst creaking I have ever heard in hotel room. Maintenance need to fix this immediately.The Receptionist on duty was not helpful at all and when I enquired about the WiFi from the room she said 'that's all I know sorry' (You are supposed to know everything about the hotel you work in) ! They had some nice Elemis products in the bathroom. coffee tea facilities hair dryer and iron and board. Breakfast was a let down the filter coffee was far too strong and the poached eggs were undercooked so I left them but enjoyed the croissant pastries and toast. They have a lift and a nice drawing room. There is also a Bistro and bar so not too far to travel for a bite and a drink.. Its by the river Avon so you can walk across to the bridge for a lovely view. People with mobility issues would have no problem staying here although the hallways to the rooms are narrow.

Room tip: By the river Avon
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear missdcrippin
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Macdonald Swans Nest. Feedback is very valuable that I may review our service and quality standards, and I regret to learn you have been disappointed on this occasion.

Customer service is important to us and I am sorry we have been experiencing some inconsistencies with this as we recruit and train new staff on reception. I have noted your comments and will discuss these with my Front Office Manager to advise our ongoing training and development of our team. However, I should note the Macdonald Swans Nest does not have a lift to its first floor.

The Bistrot Pierre manage the food and beverage service on behalf of the Macdonald Swans Nest both in the restaurant and the pub. However, as General Manager I accept all feedback and will review your comments with their management team. It is important we work together to ensure our guests receive consistent quality and service.

I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you to the Macdonald family of hotels in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My partner booked this hotel for a suprise birthday treat. Room was nicely decorated and good facitites. Bathroom was badley in need of a re vamp and it was catering for a disabled person (which we were not).There was no shelves to place cosmetics on and you couldn't put any thing on the floor as it got wet from the shower. The bar was noisy which was probably due to rugby match being played. The main disappointment was breakfast sunday morning. Dreadful!There was not enough staff on. Had to wait 15mins to be seated, 15 mins for tea/coffee to be served. Poor quality of buffet food. And waited nearly a hour for our breakfast to be served which was luke warm and poor quality. Management need to review this as people were compaining and walking out. This was down to lack of staff. The staff that were there were very good.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
James B, General Manager at Macdonald Swan's Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear bacciochi

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Macdonald Swans Nest. Customer service is important to us and I am sorry you have been disappointed, particularly as it was for a birthday treat.

I will follow up the issues you have raised concerning the bathroom facilities. We have recently completed a refurbishment of the hotel and rooms, and I will discuss your comments with my Maintenance Manager.

I have noted your comments regarding both noise and breakfast service. The Bistrot Pierre manage the food and beverage service on behalf of the hotel both in the restaurant and the pub. However, as General Manager I accept all feedback and will review your comments with their management team. They are popular venues for locals, and can become very busy, however, it is important we work together to ensure our guests receive consistent quality and service. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. Please be assured I will follow these up.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you to the Macdonald family of hotels in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed with MacDonalds due to business booking. Wouldn’t be here otherwise and definitely wouldn’t give them a penny of my own money.

Franchised restaurant and Bar, so no control over either, This at least has a positive over its sister hotel the Alveston over the road as food is at least good quality. That said room service is limited and only from one of the two restaurants, the more expensive and pretentious of the two.

Unable to order of either menu in full, which is strange as all they are doing is cooking and placing on a tray???

King size rooms are two twins pushed together and often not correctly meaning you sink towards the middle

The rooms are generally nice, albeit poorly sound proofed and heating either created too warm, or air con which is a boost in summer is noisy and clearly under serviced.

Vents also carry the water pipes, so you enjoy the delightful noise of flushed water and shower water coming down the line

Nothing is too much for the staff. Genuinely nothing IS too much

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear ProudScotsman

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am very disappointed and sorry to learn we did not meet your expectations during your visit. I would be delighted to discuss your experiences with you directly and would welcome any further feedback you may be able to provide. Please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed at the hotel last night. Room very nice,clean and bed comfortable. Breakfast was included. Long line waiting to get in. The staff were rushing and overworked.Not enough staff . Plonked on table and left to it. Waited an age to order and when full English did arrive beans were freezing and a teeny portion. (£9.50 if you were paying separately!!)We had to ask for toast 3 times as they forgot. Gasping for tea that took ab age to arrive.Would recommend the hotel but don’t bother with breakfast.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear 514busybee

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at Macdonald Swans Nest. I appreciate all feedback as an opportunity to review our service and quality standards.

I have noted your comments concerning your breakfast. The Bistrot Pierre manage the food and beverage service on behalf of the hotel both in the restaurant and the pub. However, as General Manager I accept all feedback and will review the issues you have raised with their management team. It is important we work together to ensure our guests receive consistent quality and service. I am sorry this has not been the case during your stay. I will follow this up.