Reviews (1 950)
1 951 results
All reviews the river bistro pierre sister hotel across the road car park excellent location town centre rsc theatre comfortable hotel fresh milk leisure facilities executive room enjoyable stay weekend break evening meal breakfast was excellent one night stay full english
12 - 17 of 1 951 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Yes its a great location but the room was nothing special £177 no breakfast.The bar is a pub which was full of locals watching football not quiet what you expect .
Staff pleasant, cleanliness not too bad, toilet in our room was left un flushed by last resident or cleaner

Room Tip: for the money a different hotel
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
James B, General Manager at Macdonald Swan's Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Robert F

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Macdonald Swans Nest.

The Bistrot Pierre manages the food and beverage service on behalf of the hotel both in the restaurant and the pub. However, as General Manager I accept all feedback and will review your comments with their management team. They are popular venues for locals, and can become very busy, but it is important we work together to ensure our guests receive consistent quality and service. I regret we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

In addition I will speak to my Maintenance Manager concerning our water pressure and sewage pipework to improve the flush in our bedrooms. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Macdonald Swans Nest in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here on the evening of Friday 12th October, celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary, which was a few days before!

I had emailed the hotel a week in advance to find out about parking, check-in, etc. and I mentioned it was our Anniversary. The hotel emailed me back with the information I requested and gave us a complimentary upgrade to a Suite!

The room (61) was fabulous! It had everything we could need - a beautiful lounge, separate bedroom off to the side, air conditioning, a great view of the river, massive bathroom with shower and bath, a nice coffee machine with capsules, dressing gowns and slippers, wide screen TVs in both rooms - and more! Plus a bottle of wine, fruit and chocolates for when we arrived!

They treated us really well and the hotel itself was fab! I could not fault anything!

Breakfast, too, was really good. Full English breakfast, coffee, toast (plus cereals and fruit and fruit juice).

All in all a fabulous stay and we would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Book a Suite, if you can!
1  Thank VickieHiggins
James B, General Manager at Macdonald Swan's Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear VickieHiggins

Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review following your recent stay. I am delighted we were able to contribute to your celebrations, and you have enjoyed your visit.

I will share your feedback with my colleagues, and would like to thank you for recognising their actions.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Macdonald Swans Nest, perhaps for your twenty-first anniversary.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

Because I booked via the hotel on the first night, the cost was twice what it would have been had I booked online. I would also have been rewarded by a £10 voucher to spend in the bar. I complained and the Reception staff were very helpful. I then saw people having tea in the lounge - like you do - and asked the Reception Staff where I could order a tray for myself and was pointed towards the Restaurant, where I was met with a surly chap who declared - we are a restaurant, if you wish to take a seat...". I asked could I just get a pot of tea for the lounge? The surly man repeated no. I went back to Reception and they were a bit flummoxed and redirected me to the small pub within the hotel - what a difference! Smart young chap assured me that it was a pleasure and brought the tea tray to me in the lounge. So - I would advise that you stay clear of the restaurant if the surly man is about. Other than that - lovely hotel, great location, helpful and efficient Reception staff.

Dear Elleen M
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Macdonald Swans Nest.

Customer service is important to us and I am delighted you have been able to recognsie our reception team. The Bistrot Pierre manage the food and beverage service on behalf of the hotel both in the restaurant and the pub. However, as General Manager I accept all feedback and will review your comments with their management team. It is important we work together to ensure our guests receive consistent quality and service. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention.

I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Macdonald Swans Nest in the future.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Faultless hotel. Comfortable bed nice size room.I had a walk in shower in room. Breakfast is the usual porridge,toast,cereal or english breakfast. Staff very friendly. Quiet rooms.Just by town what more can you ask for

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank dream555

Dear dream555

I am delighted you have enjoyed your stay and we have met your expectations on this occasion.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

One night stay here.
Nice place to stay and great location. The rooms are clean and have everything you need with coffee making, iron etc...

The cark park is a pain as it's a trek to reception if you have luggage.

Would stay again as it's a reasonable price and good facilities on site to eat

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
James B, General Manager at Macdonald Swan's Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear JohnEyersx
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at the Macdonald Swans Nest.

I am glad we have met your expectations and you would return when next in Stratford upon Avon.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.