Reviews (1 602)
1 602 results
All reviews q hotels spa treatments breakaway club swimming pool sauna and steam room evening meal leisure facilities reception staff restaurant staff good size spa area lovely hotel short drive night break trouser press plenty of parking buffet style
11 - 16 of 1 602 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I think we stayed the same weekend as Mandy from Ipswich. I would mirror her views entirely. On booking in we were told we could not have a table in the restaurant until 9pm Friday and Saturday.Bar meals only which were very limited.Could not help noticing that between 7pm and 8pm on Friday most of the tables in the restaurant were not occupied.

Service and quality of food at breakfast very poor.

Complaints can only be made to hotel, not head office which has prove very frustrating. Problem seems to be management!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Joanne H, General Manager at Stratford Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear RobukWales,

Thank you for your feedback. I am fully aware of your issues and dissatisfaction as I know you have been in contact with Levi Bailey Operations Manager to discuss. Bookings can be made for our restaurant anytime between 6:30pm-9:30pm however we have a certain criteria of diners allowed per time slot and unfortunately by the time you checked in there was only 9pm slots available. I do appreciate how inconvenient this can be for some people but I am sure you can also understand the need to limit diners at particular times to ensure a swift and efficient service, this practice is something followed by most restaurants and is why we have a booking system.

I do hope all other aspects of your stay were enjoyable that have not been mentioned already.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Having read some of the negative reviews I really wondered what was some people problems
We had a thoroughly enjoyable stay
The room was perfect and very clean
Breakfast was delicious
And the check in and service was great couldn’t be more helpful
Will definitely stay again

Dear Sandra W,

Thank you for your 5* review. It is great to see how enjoyable your stay was and in particular the team's service levels helped make your stay more enjoyable and relaxing.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for two nights. Wouldn’t say it was a 4star hotel but definitely a 3. Room was fine, they had included some chocolates and a card for my other half’s birthday - a nice touch. Room/bathroom very clean, bed very comfortable. Ate in restaurant for one of our evenings. Menu a little lacking in choice. Other half had duck, I had chicken Schnitzel. Both were very good/tasty. My only complaint was the bar prices as reflected in other reviews. Two gin and tonics (not doubles) £14!! And another round of one gin and tonic and a large glass of white wine £18 - extortionate!!

Dear Jane F,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I hope you enjoyed your partner's birthday and the chocolates were well received. I have made the chef aware of your positive comments regarding dinner service and will review our bar prices to ensure they are in line with other local hotels and restaurants.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

Everything about this hotel is average apart from the size of the tables in the dining room and the food at dinner which were below average. I really don't understand how a kitchen can find a hamburger and chips or fish and chips a challenge but they did. In fairness, the restaurant staff did their best.

Sadly I can't see why anybody would want to stay here unless they have no alternative

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear JulianM186363,

Thank you for your feedback, I agree that the items mentioned should not prove difficult as our menu is a lot more extensive and expansive than this so I apologise if they had been served to your dissatisfaction. We have reviewed some of the recent feedback with our kitchen team and will be making changes where necessary. I am happy to see the team looked after you well and helped make your stay a little more positive.

Reviewed 6 October 2018

We stayed for 4 nights, we opted for a deluxe double, don't bother!! All we seemed to get extra were bathrobes & quite frankly we've had that as standard at other four star places ! The hotel is very soulless , staff seem without direction & fending for themselves. We had dinner in the restaurant on two nights & I'm sure that most of the food must be bought in & cooked to order ( I was told the chef walked out half way through service on our first night) Breakfast was awful, nobody wanted to take drink orders ,nobody seemed in charge, the buffet hot food seemed as though it had been there for hours & was all very dried out, sausages over cooked, bacon like leather, you get the gist! I was tempted to order poached eggs ( which were cooked to order) but another guest said they had been waiting 25 mins for theirs to arrive so I didn't bother! My other half used the Gym which he said was basic & cramped & would have been awkward with more than three people in there. We made use of the pool, which is lovely & we both had massages, mine was with Hazel who was fantastic & lovely ,lively person. I would not stay there again & I wouldn't recommend it, the only saving grace was a great waitress called Meg, who tried her best! Good luck to her!

Room Tip: Try a different hotel
1  Thank mandy h

Dear mandy h,

thank you for your comprehensive feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience at Stratford Manor, I can assure you that your comments will be reviewed along with others and staff training will take place to ensure that there is an improvement. Your kind words regarding Meg have been passed onto her to see and we will work hard to fix the issues mentioned and make some positive changes.