Reviews (2 347)
2 347 results
1 245
1 245
All reviews quills restaurant town centre q hotels car park lovely hotel superior room per night train station parking charge plenty of parking buffet style leave the car evening meal few minutes walk breakfast was excellent tea and coffee within easy walking distance
4 - 9 of 2 347 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Arrived on the 15th November, and greeted by the receptionist Steven, a very professional individual, who made us very welcome from the outset, a great assest to the Hilton group. The rooms were spacious with individual room heating controls. All the staff were very welcoming. There is always something one can moan about or pick holes but I can truly say that I can find nothing at all amiss about this hotel. And would have no hesitation in recommending this to anyone.

Room tip: Great accessibility for the main Stratford town centre and attractions
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sherrie V, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind review. I am happy to hear you had a wonderful stay and Steven looked after you well. I do hope to ee you at the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

overall very good, parking was plentiful and secure, rooms ere excellent, price was about right for Stratford, but check in was utterly bizzare, I hate to criticise staff, but in this case I have to, the guy checking us in was odd, we could not understand him, we tried to book a taxi, which when it arrived he tried to explain it was not for us, despite the driver saying it was , he hovered over out party as we waited . making the two girls quite uncomfortable to the point we went outside. We mentioned this at check out, and in fairness received an apology and complimentary breakfast, so well done in dealing with it

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you rob for your review. I do apologise that this particular team member made your party uncomfortable this will be looked into. I am glad to hear that my team did deal with your complaint and offer a complimentary breakfast.

Reviewed 9 November 2018

Two night stay to see a play by RSC. The hotel was very good. Room had everything we needed and everything worked. Clean and well kept. One extra thing was that it was well lit. I have stayed in so many rooms that were so dim, even with every light on it would be still difficult to read. Not so here - plenty of lights, certainly bright enough to easily read. Hotel and restaurant staff were polite and friendly. My only minor criticism was the speed the food came in the restaurant- it was too fast. We wanted to make an evening of it but the courses came quickly and the staff weren't comfortable with us trying to delay ordering the sweet. The restaurant was almost empty and it was far from closing time so no pressure on them, more they wanted to be doing something. Also the speed the food came made it obvious it wasn't being cooked, only heated. Though the food was tasty there could have been more of it. I would certainly use the hotel again, but possibly not the restauran

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sherrie V, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for your review Ian. I do apologise that your meal was rushed in the restaurant this is not how we usually serve our guests. I am glad you enjoyed the taste of the food and I will certainly share with the head chef and restaurant staff your feedback to improve our service. Hope to see you again in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

Stayed for a weekend out first time in Stratford! We arrived early but the lady on checkin I think her name was Mandy... not sure, was cheerful and very helpful even though she was alone on reception, we had a lovely warm cookie. Our was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was also very good. In general friendly staff and a wonderful stay.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. It is very nice to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the team looked after you well. Hope to see you in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

Great service, lovely relaxed setting, great menu, quick service, very enjoyable light lunch, situated in the middle of Stratford upon Avon, ample parking, attentive staff, ideal for a quick lunch.

BeeseyDave

Trip type: Travelled with family

I am glad to hear you had a nice lunch at our hotel and you were looked after well with us. Hope to see you at the hotel again soon.