Reviews (2 804)
2 804 results
1 132
1 132
All reviews holiday inn the river town centre public areas large hotel car park excellent location executive room plenty of parking reception area buffet style rsc theatre lovely hotel family room leisure centre central location weekend break
96 - 101 of 2 804 reviews
Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

This is a clean, well managed hotel. Everywhere was tidy and well staffed. Our room was good. A huge bed which was incredibly comfortable, fairly quiet. We were next to the lifts so some noise is expected but we hardly heard anything. Breakfast was plenty full and hot. They're were no complaints from us. The only downside were some areas of the hotel could do with updating (spa area) All in all a good hotel and would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CPSUA, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear Alison H,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed spending your birthday weekend with us, I have shared your comments with my team and we very much look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay with us

Reviewed 19 September 2018

I stayed in a better room than I'd normally book because that was all that was left. The room is comfortable and spotlessly clean. The room was well equipped with power points and usb chargers, very useful and often lacking in mid-range hotels. The location is ideal for the RSC. Staff are helpful, check in and check out were efficient, and room service breakfast is excellent.

The only downsides are the parking (additional charge which is a cheek) and the noise from (I think) a bar outside, which is loud enough to be audible and annoying in the room in late afternoon/early evening.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Steven F,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, I have shared your comments with my team and we very much look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay with us

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

You can ponder between 3 and 4 stars but I was in a good mood. Positives breakfast, spacious clean bedroom and very happy friendly bar staff.
Negatives I was in 3003 and it’s a heck of a trek to get to the lift.
Bar prices are steep and getting a newspaper delivered to my room was a request too far. You could do a lot worse

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear pwe0704,

Thank you for the detailed review and feedback. Please be assured we will monitor the points raised and take the appropriate action

Reviewed 17 September 2018

My friend and I visit Stratford every September for a short break and visit to the theatre. We have never stayed at this hotel before, but will definitely stay there again. It is ideally located just across the river from the theatre, the room was clean and well serviced, and the staff very welcoming and helpful. We had a very pleasant light supper in the hotel one evening, and the breakfast buffet was superb, the best we have had in Stratford. The only disappointing thing was that the windows in the bedroom were screwed shut so that they could not be opened. As a result the room was very hot and stuffy and although there was air conditioning in the room, it was not very effective in making the temperature more comfortable. I am very glad we did not stay here during the summer heatwave!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear philnjulia46,

Thank you once again for choosing to stay at Crowne Plaza - Stratford upon Avon during your recent visit to Stratford upon Avon. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your loyalty to our Hotel and your feedback is invaluable. We were delighted to read your review and your comments goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team and rest assured your comments will be shared. We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I visited the Crowne Plaza for a business conference on a Saturday in September. All of the staff I encountered were friendly and helpful.
The restaurant served delicious food, was tastefully decorated and has a beautiful terrace which opens up onto gardens and the river.
The conference room I was in for most of the day was again tastefully decorated, had comfortable chairs and the tables were stocked (and resupplied during breaks) with jugs of water and bowls of mints.
The hotel provides ample parking which is free if you give them your registration number. The bathrooms were also clean and tidy with good quality supplies (hand soap and cream).

Whilst I cannot comment on the actual hotel rooms, based on my experience here, I would not hesitate to come back and book a stay.

Trip type: Travelled on business
CPSUA, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Stratford-Upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Olivia S,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, I have shared your comments with my team and we very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards