Reviews (2 039)
2 039 results
All reviews afternoon tea chocolate fondue car park scones town centre finger sandwiches executive room per day few minutes walk the ground floor family room excellent location cooked breakfast birthday treat good nights sleep breakfast was excellent one night stay
137 - 142 of 2 039 reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018

This hotel is situated, minutes walk from the town, bars and restaurants, it is a very comfortable hotel, we have stayed here at least 4 times and would stay again, we’ve not eaten in the hotel, as there are so many other places to eat at in Stratford. Staff are always friendly and helpful and we look forward to our next stay

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Visited the Grosvenor with my sisters and Aunty for a treat. And a lovely treat it was too! Swiftly seated in what looked like a newly refurbished bar/eating area our tea and coffee order was taken in minutes. This was delivered to our table along with an assortment of yummy finger sandwiches and delicious cakes including of course scones,jam and clotted cream. More coffee was promptly served when requested. This was followed by a chocolate fondue with fresh strawberries, pineapple, banana and marshmallows to dip. Our waitress was charming and funny from start to finish. Fab treat!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank brummie_jude
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Where do I start? I booked this hotel as we'd been bought one of those Vouchers off my daughter's that allow you a one night stay in any number of hotels in the country. We decided as it was our anniversary to stay in Stratford, when I rang to book I was asked if I'd like to upgrade to a junior suite for an extra £50 so as it had cost me nothing up to this point I agreed. I was a bit anxious after reading some of the reviews people had put on here about the rooms being a bit dated etc and I must admit walking around the building on arrival there were a few signs that a bit of TLC was still needed. Check in was simple enough and the receptionist stated "You are in a very beautiful room" so off we popped to room 100. Well!!! Omg as soon as the door opened you were greeted with the smell of new carpet and the freshness of a room recently refurbished, it was simply stunning, the bed was just gigantic, the sofa really comfy, the great flat screen TV, the immaculate and huge bathroom with walk in shower and freestanding roll top bath that was so deep.. You can't be anything but impressed with this room. We had a lovely meal in the bar on the evening and within 5 mins of leaving the front door we were in the centre of Stratford having a stroll around. Now just to give this a totally fair review if I was super picky then as the room and hotel are on a busy road you could, if you are a light sleeper hear the traffic so the secondary glazing could be improved and weirdly there were no good old fashioned breakfast tea bags (although plenty of fruit flavoured ones) amongst the in room drinks but that's about it. I would definitely recommend anyone a stay in that room and the pics don't really do it justice

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2018

We stayed for a couple of nights, and found the room to be clean and tidy.
We were worried we woudn't be able to park as it mentions limited parking, but TBH we had no problems - there is parking for around 50 cars. I felt that the £3 a night charge was worth it.
We had breakfast included in our room price,and it was enjoyable, but if you have to pay for it, there are MANY restaurants very close by that offer great breakfast deals.
Our overal impression was that the staff really try hard. Every time we walked through reception, we were greated with a cheerful 'Hello', or a 'Enjoy your eveing'.
It really made us feel welcome, and all the staff we spoke to were friendly and helpull.
It has a central location, and it will be our choice of hotel nect time we stay in Stratford.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

First impression as we pulled up was wow, easy to check in, greeted by welcoming staff. We went out and came back later in the day, our rooms were beautiful clean, well furnished and modern, bathroom was lovely very spacious and well lit.
After a day and evening out we returned and sat in bar for a while, asked if we could change the channel on TV and it was done immediately which was when we really relaxed as music was put on, we asked about food and they let us order food and have it delivered.
After a wonderful nights sleep in a very comfy bed we chilled out watching tv and due to the 11 o’clock checkout time we could take our time.
We were told we could park the car there until our return later in day. All in all a great escape, would highly recommend ...

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends