Reviews (2 735)
2 735 results
All reviews coach house lovely hotel town centre spa treatments evening meal leisure facilities old building few minutes walk weekend break within easy walking distance a lovely stay stratford wedding character theatre beams rsc
20 - 25 of 2 735 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel has an old main building with a new extension. We stayed in the new part which was quite a walk from the main building. Check in was easy and we liked the room (no view). The bed was very comfortable but the bathroom was a little shabby. The lounge bar drinks were expensive and our evening meals there took two hours to arrive. This was however taken off the bill as a goodwill gesture. Room service food arrived quicker than expected. There is a small fee for parking. Staff were very nice and helpful. Breakfast is the usual cooked items, pastries and fruit etc. Requests for housekeeping items took much longer than expected and had to be followed up. Pool & changing area smelt unpleasant. Probably wouldn’t stay there again.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank FionaGra
James B, General Manager at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear FionaGra

Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at Macdonald Alveston Manor. Customer service is important to us and I regret you have been disappointed on this occasion.

I am glad my duty management team were able to compensate you for your delay in dining, this has been followed up with my kitchen team. Thankyou for bringing it to my attention.

In addition, I will share your feedback regarding the leisure facilities and an odour with my Leisure Club Manager. He will investigate his and take the necessary remedial action. Thank you.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you to the Macdonald family of hotels in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just a quick overnight stay in this lovely hotel our room was amazing didn’t realise I’d booked a suite but loved it and the little extras ( chocolates/fruit) was a lovely touch. Service in the dining room was a little slow especially to order at the beginning (a twenty minute wait) but the food was lovely as was the rest of our stay

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Glyn1971

Dear Glyn1971
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent stay at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel.

I am delighted you chose to stay with us and we met your expectations.

I will share your feedback with my food and beverage service team, to review their service standards, but I am glad you enjoyed your meal.

I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed overnight at this hotel and met up with another couple who stayed over . The hotel is ideally situated for the centre of Stratford upon Avon and I can recommend you stay at this hotel . They have staff who I found to be efficient and professional. There is a nice bar area and prices are not to excessive, just what you expect . The only downside are the endless corridors which do look drab and in need of a makeover. I can highly recommend the restaurant. The standard of the food and presentation is absolutely top drawer and cannot stress enough how good the food was . 4 of us all agreed and we received excellent service. Breakfast too was a good experience and far better than I expected . If you want a hotel situated close to the centre with an excellent meal ... look no further.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear talbot0909
Thank you for your lovely feedback following your recent stay at Macdonald Alveston Manor.

Customer service is important to us and I am delighted you have enjoyed your stay. I will certainly share your kind comments with my food service team and brigade of chefs, to ensure they are recognised for their service.

I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Macdonald Alveston Manor on a future visit to Stratford upon Avon.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

Based on other reviews, was a bit uncertain what to expect. The hotel is huge, a bit of a warren of corridors, but the room was great, comfortable and well appointed, and the housekeeping service absolutely faultless. We didn't have breakfast, bar or meals there (Stratford is rammed with other great options) but the hotel was very good for a great, comfortable and quiet night's sleep. The leisure facilities are also very welcome - in a town that doesn't always have room for such things - having a nice pool, steam and sauna on site was very much appreciated. it's a really nice location - just over the bridge from the main action of the town, but as close to the centre as many of the other large central hotels. Will stay again.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank frankkelly

Dear frankkelly
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Adviser, following your recent stay at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel.

I am delighted your have enjoyed your visit and will share your lovely comments with my colleagues.

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you to Macdonald Alveston Manor in the future.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

From the front the Alveston Manor is a picture of old Stafford, the reception, bars and restaurant being based around a lovely old Manor House, very much in keeping with the area. Behind the facade however is a sprawling and fairly bland modern hotel with endless corridors, that could really do with a make-over.

The rooms themselves are a good size and offer all the usual conveniences, which for a business traveller is all you really need, but there’s just something lacking overall.

On my first visit here I was greeted by a friendly and professional receptionist, who made we very welcome and asked if I’d like a table for dinner. I asked if the restaurant would be busy and she replied “no, very quiet, so you can come down at a time that suits you”... i opted for this approach. I went to my room (a VERY long walk from reception), unpacked, had a drink at the bar and went to the near empty dining room at about 7:30pm, only to be told that they couldn’t fit me in!

Apparently they had a large tourist party in the back dining room and weren’t accepting other diners in case they had to wait too long for service! Took 10 minutes of arguing before I got a table and only then when I lied that I was on an inclusive bed, breakfast and evening meal rate (though why this should make a difference is anyone’s guess).

Once I was seated, the mood changed and I had a very enjoyable meal. The food is really good, the menu unusual and the presentation excellent, so I can’t fault it. No delay, no long wait, in fact no issues at all, but the restaurant remained near empty all night.

I’ve stayed here again since, but ate in town... their loss!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear Richy65

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Macdonald Alveston Manor. I appreciate all feedback as an opportunity to review our service and quality standards.

I am glad you have generally enjoyed your stay, and I appreciate your comments concerning the decor. I will discuss these points with my Maintenance Manager. I have noted the issues you have raised regarding reserving your table for dinner, particularly your decision on your most recent visit to eat elsewhere. Whilst I am glad you enjoyed your meal, I will review your comments with my Food & Beverage Manager and Front Office Manager to ensure a more consistent approach to reservations. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.