Reviews (2 769)
2 769 results
All reviews coach house lovely hotel town centre spa break sauna and steam room evening meal old building leisure facilities short break few minutes walk afternoon tea a lovely stay stratford wedding character theatre beams
82 - 87 of 2 769 reviews
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Room was good, food quite good, very friendly staff. Nice outdoor garden area for afternoon tea, pre or post dinner drinks. Centrally located in town, unfortunately we were travelling through so couldn’t do a lot of exploring in the area.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
James B, General Manager at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear deegeurts

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Macdonald Alveston Manor.

I am delighted you have enjoyed your stay, and hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for a longer stay on a future visit to Stratford upon Avon.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

We stayed overnight in the Feature Four Poster Room (Room 8). The room had a lovely 4 poster bed, seperate sitting room, and beautiful stain glass windows.. it was the prefect setting for our night away. The pool and spa area was clean and we enjoyed using very much - the pool is a bit more like a gym pool but was lovely to swim in. Location perfect also.

We didn't have dinner or breakfast and opted for a room picnic so can't comment on the food but the man at main reception and the man at spa reception were both very polite. Things are a little tired around the edges, the carpets are bit threadbare and tiles a bit old but this isn't the sort of thing that bothers me too much in a room with lots of lovely features - maybe Mccdonald hotels could do this place a favour and invest in a little update though.

I would say that I had seen reviews about rooms not being in keeping with the front of the hotel and I would assume this to be true as there are seperate annexes quite a way back once you get past the entrance. Having seen this I made sure to book the feature 4 poster as there is only one of them, it was the room in the photo. (we got it for a very good price because we were flexible witrh dates so worth looking at sundays/weeknights if you can) and this did not disappoint. So if you can get this room I think you will have a lovely stay and we would come back again.

If you're looking for nice things to do in stratford try the butterfly farm and hiring a rowing boat/speed boat/punt. Lambs restaurant is a lovely place to eat also.

Room tip: Choose Room 8 feature 4 poster for something in fitting with the period of the building
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Lucy P
Thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review following your recent stay. I am delighted you have enjoyed your time in Stratford upon Avon.

I have noted your comments concerning the quality of the decor in the bedroom and hotel and will review these with my Maintenance Manager.

Thank you again for your feedback both of the hotel and Stratford upon Avon, I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

So send a tour group of old folks to the far reaches of the hotel, many rooms on the upper floor, then have no porters as agreed upon? Sigh. Offer a free glass of wine. Ok. Then let them all sit for an hour at dinner with no food. Great. Decent rooms. Bad breakfast coffee. Good luck!

Room tip: Gee. Within 200 feet of the reception with minimal stairs would work
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Helen R

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel.

Customer service is very important to us and I regret we have not met your expectations.
Please be assured, I have noted your comments and I will follow these up with my Operations Manager.

Thank you again for bringing these to my attention.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

We stayed here with our 6 year old son for a Saturday night in May 2018. The hotel is in a great location for visiting Stratford with plenty of parking. The room was to the rear of the hotel not far from the swimming pool area. The room was clean, functional and everything worked & the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was very good. We really enjoyed using the pool and my other half enjoyed making use of the gym equipment as well. We will happily return again.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Jamie D
Thank you for your lovely comments following your stay in May this year.

I am delighted you have all enjoyed your stay.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Macdonald Alveston Manor in the future.

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

Avoid room 45 as every few minutes there’s a noise like a fog horn. Kept us awake all night. Dinner we both paid £24 for a medium size sirloin, half a tomato, a small flat mushrooms, frozen chips. Then £2.50 for a tiny pot of blue cheese sauce with no cheese. I complained and was given a bigger pot of sauce that eventually had cheese (the sauce cost was removed off the bill). Would not stay again, our breakfast was in with the room cost however it was tasteless, we ordered tea & got coffee, 4 slices of burnt toast. The staff seemed miserable, I heard a gentleman ordering breakfast and he was told it was £18 then wanted something off the menu and was told on top of the £18 there would be a surcharge.... ridiculous. Wine expensive, avoid as it’s not worth the money.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear 17pippa

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at Macdonald Alveston Manor. Customer service is important to us and your feedback is valuable in order to review our service and quality standards.

I am very disappointed and sorry to learn we did not meet your expectations on this particular visit. I would be delighted to discuss your experiences with you directly and would welcome any further feedback you may be able to provide. Please do not hesitate to contact me.