Reviews (2 745)
2 745 results
All reviews coach house lovely hotel town centre spa treatments evening meal old building leisure facilities short break few minutes walk afternoon tea a lovely stay stratford wedding character theatre beams rear
1 044 - 1 049 of 2 745 reviews
Reviewed 1 February 2016

This hotel has the potential to be great but unfortunately for me it was average at best. I had hassle when booking the spa with incorrect prices being charged (it seems central reservations, spa and reception staff don't communicate with each other.)
Location is excellent, the staff are very friendly and helpful but the stay didn't feel that special as it has when I've stayed in other hotels.The pricing issue I mentioned and the long queues for breakfast and our breakfast order being incorrect just made it an average stay.
Don't let this put you off staying here, it was alright, just don't expect to be blown away.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
K-Djedidi, Manager at Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2016

Dear Andy_B1974

Thank you for your recent review of Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel.

It is disappointing to hear your stay was not 100% to your satisfaction. Your feed back is very important to us in order to grow and improve our business and I will be sure to pass your comments on to our senior management team.

Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

If I were a guest staying in the blocks behind old mansion I would be very disappointed. When we pulled up in the car park I was dreading being checked into one of them. Thankfully we weren't but there were issues with our room in the main house. Hairs on the bathroom floor, dust everywhere, shower didn't work properly. Although the staff did offer for us to use another room to shower in, really this wasn't an option. The room was right the way down the corridor and actually that's not what we paid for.

Bar area and inside of the hotel is nice. Didn't feel special however.

Wouldn't go back. Sorry guys!

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear sleepyjeanie

Thank you for your recent review of Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel.

It is disappointing to hear your visit was not 100% to your satisfaction. Your feed back is very important to us in order to grow and improve our business. This is not the normal standard of service we would wish to offer our guests and I am extremely sorry that your expectations were not met on this occasion. I’ll be sure to pass on your comments about the bedroom to our housekeeping manager in order to review and action whenever is required. I truly do hope you accept my sincere apologies.

If you would like to discuss your issue further please contact me direct opsmgr.alvestonmanor@macdonald-hotels.co.uk

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon,

Reviewed 31 January 2016

Weekend stay, the hotel staff are without exception 5 star, professional, polite, helpful and nothing is too much trouble. We used the pool and gym and really enjoyed the added extra luxury of a pool side steam room. Breakfast, although VERY busy was lovely. The classic room we stayed in was clean and had everything we needed and so quiet we slept in for the first time in ages. Very close to town, easy to find and lots of parking spaces.

1  Thank Kor S

Dear Kor S

Thank you for your recent review of Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel.

It is great to hear that you had such a good stay and manage to take a full advantage of our great facilities. It is always great to hear such a positive feedback and I will be sure to share your kind comments about our great staff with the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon

Reviewed 31 January 2016

Beautiful hotel, few mins walk into Stratford town centre! Sadly we received poor service from the staff... Check in and check out was very slow! Would recommend Stratford for a night away but I would stay somewhere else...

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear L5110USrebeccas

Thank you for your recent review of Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel.
It is disappointing to hear your stay was not 100% to your satisfaction. Your feed back is very important to us in order to grow and improve our business and I will be sure to pass your comments on to our Front of house Manager.

If you would like to discuss your issues further please contact me direct opsmgr.alvestonmanor@macdonald-hotels.co.uk

Macdonald Alveston Manor & Swan’s Nest Hotel

Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

Hotel looks great in the images but don't be fooled. Only the very front of the hotel is a period beauty. Most of the bedrooms are located in very dated 1970s style annex blocks. It was like staying in my gran's old flat. The card reader on the main door into our annex building was broken and there was no hot water in the bathroom. We left early.

Trip type: Travelled with family