“Harry Potter afternoon tea”

Curiously Wicked Dappers
Description: Curiously Wicked are the only Academy of Chocolate world class award winning chocolatiers in the North of England. Visit our beautiful Art Deco style tearoom where we specialise in creating and serving some of the finest Afternoon Teas in the UK. Each month sees a newly themed Afternoon tea that is both quirky and delicious and runs as an alternative choice to our Full Traditional Afternoon Tea, available to order anytime (24 hrs notice required). As well as our sumptuous Afternoon Teas, we also create wedding and celebration cakes for all occasions.
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Just been for Harry Potter afternoon tea the food was amazing so much attention to detail absolutely fabulous. The staff were so friendly and the atmosphere was so relaxed.
We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

We (4 of us) visited Dappers today, for my daughters 18th birthday. As a surprise, I had booked a Harry Potter Themed AfternoonTea. When I booked it, I asked about the price, and was told £21.95 per person, which at the time, I thought was a wee bit steep. I was wrong.

First course - A small cauldron of soup, which was spiced pumpkin. It was “souperb”. It was served with a Wizards Finger sandwich - 3 cheeses with homemade red onion relish, in a pita bread wrap. Delicious.

Second course - 1 white sandwich, curried chicken. 1 brown sandwich, ham and tomato. 1 brioche sandwich, tuna savoury. Lovely.
1 cheese scone and 1 Moaning Myrtles Mouldy scone, which was a vanilla scone with some food dye in, but was a really good special effect, as it actually looked like blue cheese! Thank goodness it didn’t taste like it. The warm scones came with butter, jam and delicious clotted cream.

Third course ( See photo) - OMG this was the best course for effect. Butter beer shot, Golden Snitch (passion fruit truffle), Marauders Map (rice paper), Spell Book (chocolate brownie with mint thins), Mad eye (Victoria sponge) and a lemon tart, I can’t remember what the description was for that.

As much tea or coffee as you can drink.

Everything was superb. Not just the food, but the service also. Extremely friendly, welcoming and interested in you. You’re not just a customer. It might sound corny, but you enter as a customer, but leave as a friend.

Dappers is the dogs wotsits.

1  Thank Tracey R
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

The best Scillonian Lemon cake I have ever eaten in my entire life and I’m nearly 55.Please go and eat here,Every single mouthful was perfection and the couple running it make everything from scratch it’s delicious.Eat cake drink tea and order the afternoon tea and you will be eating sublime treats,delightful portions please drive off the beaten track to eat here you won’t be disappointed and I’m fussy

1  Thank traceybagend1
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Came with the parents and had a lovely afternoon tea in the side room with the antique furniture.
I'm lactose intol and the catered for me beautifully. Cakes, scones and sandwiches. They can even cater for vegans.
They gave the best selection of afternoon tea for my dietary requirements then any other afternoon tea Ive had.
Everything is home made on site and the staff are so lovely and welcoming.
This is a cash only place but there is a cash point just down the road.
Overall highly recommend coming here.

1  Thank jenniferh26
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Came here with my little sister for Harry Potter themed afternoon tea and it was absolutely gorgeous! Very well thought out menu and amazing detail in the desserts. Friendly and welcoming atmosphere and my sister also enjoyed it as an early birthday treat. I’ll be visiting again as the other cakes I spotted looked delicious aswell thank you!