“Eating Thistles would have been more preferable”
Review of Pizza Express

Pizza Express
Ranked #388 of 1 356 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I asked for their promotion ‘pink’ gin - they had sold out of gin. I asked for coleslaw with my pizza. They had sold out. This restaurant has three supermarkets nearby, with Waitrose opposite. Is it beyond their wits to replace these ingredients? Three chefs behind the counter, and the restaurant only had six tables occupied, for heaven’s sake!! The pizza was undercooked - actually the base was still raw. The green salad tasted like the dreg ends of an unwashed bag of salad leaves.I was charged £40 for the ‘pleasure’.

I came to pizza express wanting a basic, well cooked, pizza and salad, having just walked off a 14 hour flight to Newcastle. Guys, this is your core offer. Get it right!

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Came in on a busy Saturday night. Was served straight away but still had to wait around 40 minutes for my food. On waiting for my Bolognaise I could see that the chef was opening a microwave packet of bolognaise. My friends had a pizza each which I could see was freshly prepared but I was horrified to see that my food was just probably made in a factory. Anyways, I had tried it out and it was okay, not the best in the world. I have been here before for a pizza and found them much better. But I wouldn’t come back now due to the fact they are charging ridiculous prices for food that isn’t even made fresh. However, there was a great atmosphere and my waiter was lovely, I can’t remember her name but she was very polite and apologetic for the wait.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Great evening at Jesmond Pizza Express last night. The place was buzzing! Lively atmosphere, friendly staff and great food.. The manager was attentive, nothing was too much trouble.Will definitely be going back here again!

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Area was popular so therefore busy, waited 45 mins for table. Food was good, service excellent. A oasis in an area of upmarket pricey restaurants and bars

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely local child friendly restaurant - maintains a high standard of food and service. It is centrally located in jesmond.   it offers all the usual Pizza Express   menus, but the interior makes it feel more contemporary and friendly, which is nice.  It’s good for either lunch or dinner. Highly recommended