Reviews (3 233)
3 233 results
1 346
1 346
All reviews business park leisure facilities upper deck club room whitley bay sauna and steam room swimming pool sky tv great facilities coffee machine self service lovely hotel pleasant stay excellent stay family room night stay friday night
305 - 310 of 3 233 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We visited the Village Hotel for a family night away on Easter Sunday. We got a great deal by booking direct with the hotel.

Checked in via the app which was easy and straight forward.

The family room was clean and spacious. Free wifi and sky was a great advantage.

We used the swimming pool which was lovely. The changing facilities were very clean and towels were provided.

My partner enjoyed watching the football in the victory bar. He downloaded an app and pints were 2.90 during the match. My son got fish and chips and the portion was huge. We also took advantage of the stein and sharer deal for 15.00 which was superb value. The bar was busy and there was a nice atmosphere.

Having read previous reviews about noise I was very worried but given our room 107 was above the bar it was very quiet. The beds are spacious and comfortable. The only negative was that there was only one pillow each.

Breakfast was served in the Italian restaurant and was a Buffett style. We opted for a cooked English breakfast which was lovely.

I was also impressed that we were given a late check out even though it was last minute.We had a lovely chilled morning and could have quiet easily stayed another night.

It was a first stay here and we will certainly return again soon.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Jason_Dalus, General Manager at Village Hotel Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear MackemLass30

I was so pleased to read your excellent 5 star review on your recent stay here at Village Newcastle.

I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the team. I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Relaxing night after a stressful work away from home with all the amenities in one place plus the warm welcome from staff of the hotel and the coziness of your room feel like home very comfy bed worth it

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear mmrph2001

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Good value hotel excellent facilities and very modern check in check out Used my phone as the key! Leisure facilities were good, walls are a little thin you can hear alot but not overly a massive issue

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear sarahisla92

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Village Newcastle.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back and provide a 5 star experience.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We went here for a weekend, 23d March, the club room and hotel were fine, breakfast was good and quite busy place.
The big issue we had was lack of sleep due to noisy guests in the corridors until after 3.30am on the first night.
The second night one guest from the room opposite was hammering on his door from 2.30 am until well after3.00 am, we tried to get hold of reception hoping someone would do something about this but no one answered, I even tried to call the hotel number from my mobile but again no answer, we eventually got a few hours sleep from 4am.
Disappointingly when we complained at reception the following morning we were told the manager would be in touch within 2 days regarding the lack of response, we are still waiting!!
It’s a good job it wasn’t a real emergency, they should look into why there was no help available when we needed some.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We expected a sort of "Holiday Inn" stay - but this hotel went WAY beyond that. Friendly efficient service at every turn. Great spa,gym and pool during the day and1st class food in the restaurant.. Nice mix of ages-family friendly would certainly go again- with grandkid this time.

Room Tip: friendy service everywhere
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends