“poor standard of food”

Twin Farms
Ranked #276 of 1 390 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Settle by the open fire or enjoy lunch on a sunny terrace where you will always be greeted with a warm welcome. Twin Farms offers customers a relaxed venue for eating well-cooked dishes accompanied by an excellent choice of beer and wine.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

last visit we had to book, good reason the place was full & buzzing, this time we booked & place was empty, for good reason, fish overpriced & lacked taste, fish pie definitely didn't have what it said on the menu. Have to say Hungry horse & spoons better quality & much better price.

3  Thank marthur432018

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We came here to celebrate my husbands birthday as a present paid by his aunt. Although the fish & chips that they both ordered were according to them "very tasty" my fish pie was very disappointing. Reading the menu I was expecting a 'variety of chunks of fish/seafood in a white wine sauce topped with mash potato'. When the meal arrived the pie was served in a small separate dish garnished with one sprig of broccoli and a couple of cooked green leaves which I could not identify. The pie was all potato. No chunks of fish were to be found in the sauce at all. For the price of the dish at approx £15.00 you can imagine how let down I felt. As it was paid for by a relative I felt that I couldn't express my opinion in front of her hence my review here.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Much better to drink and eat here rather than the nearby hotel where we stay when here on business. Prices are very reasonable and a varied menu - my starter of Black pudding with poached egg was just right and the Duck with noodles equally good. Its a large popular local pub with good service and comfy seating and within walking distance of our hotel so no taxi needed and no problem with a drink or two

1  Thank GuisboroughJeff
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped off for coffee and something sweet, wish we had gone to McDonald's instead. The latte wasn't even warm, full of grounds and very bitter. The cake was nice but a tiny portion for £6.50. If I stumble upon twin farms again I'll just stumble past.

1  Thank Laura S
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Staying at the Novotel and called in with our grandson for evening meal. It has a good atmosphere and lots of room. There was real ale and a good range of food, including children's menu, at reasonable prices considering the ambience. Our choices were served in good time by friendly staff and we would be happy to return.

1  Thank Darlowolf