Reviews (2 499)
2 499 results
1 110
1 110
All reviews afternoon tea redwood bar sky lounge bridge restaurant wine and dine cocktail bar tyne bridge city centre lovely hotel dean street bit dated public areas birthday treat car park bars and restaurants hotel bar double room
34 - 39 of 2 499 reviews
Reviewed 6 November 2018

Spent a Sunday night in the Vermont as a treat to ourselves. Wasn’t sure what to expect as it looked rather grand on the website. It was brilliant! We were warmly greeted when we arrived (earlier than expected) and the room was ready by 14:00. Result! Every request elicited a smile and a bit of banter (thrown in for free). Had a lovely River view room, shame we didn’t spend an awful lot of time in it. Breakfast was superb; both the Continental option and the Classic “full-english”. Optional egg based treats (eggs Benedict, Florentine etc) available at no extra cost. Supplement for steak and eggs for the carnivores. Believe me it was massive (the breakfast options). Restraint is required. The location is brilliant, right in the heart of "the toon”.

Room tip: Splash out and get a River view room.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Alexandra C, Guest Relations Manager at The Vermont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Slight problem with the heating and was cold throughout the night but apart from that place is clean, tidy and very helpful. Would definitely stay again and will highly recommend to others as well....

Room tip: Prices off mini bar is quite expensive
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Beautiful hotel, room was immaculate, ALL the staff were very friendly and accommodating, Stewart the concierge was a real gem, nothing was too much trouble for him. The hotels only a few minutes walk from the quay side, we will definately be coming back.

Date of stay: October 2018
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alexandra C, Guest Relations Manager at The Vermont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Visited the Vermont at the beginning of November for Sunday Dinner (we had heard that they had some new dishes since last time we visited!)

I had the chicken with coq au vin sauce and my other half had the roast beef. Both dishes were absolutely incredible! There was a brilliant amount of meat on each dish and said meat was cooked to absolute perfection! The vegetables were fresh, tasty, and again cooked to perfection (the cauliflower cheese was a personal favourite!).

Honestly it was a 5* experience with a lovely view of the Tyne Bridge. We were very pleasantly surprised by the bill too...it was incredibly reasonable and actually cheaper than a lot other places in the town.

We will definitely be rushing back...hopefully sooner rather than later!

1  Thank Jespertron
Alexandra C, Guest Relations Manager at The Vermont Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your lunch with us!

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed overnight in a small suite for his birthday.
While the room was fine if a bit dated and smaller than the suites of other nearby hotels we had so much trouble sleeping that it ruined the night.
The Riverview rooms (barely a view of the river) are directly above the Livello bar which is a club run by the hotel on the ground floor. The noise that comes from this place is atrocious.
I have no idea why it is so loud as I have stayed in a few hotels nearby and never heard much outside noise. The Vermont must have very bad sound proofing.

I rang down to reception at midnight to ask if they had earplugs as neither of us could sleep with the music noise. I was told they don't provide any but we could be moved to a different room. We were then changed to a room on the 11th floor near the rail line. This was a downgraded double room from what I paid for (suite). The noise wasn't as bad there save for the train and bins in the morning.
We did discover a dirty old fake eyelash in the new room on the desk, hardly 4 star experience?!

There are some very odd pictures on the walls in the hallway too, the North Korean Ryugyong hotel pic gave us a bit of a laugh. Nothing says 4 star stay than pictures of dictatorships. :)

I have requested a callback from management as reception couldn't give me any refund (very surprised at that) and I have still not received a call back.

Would I recommend? Absolutely not. And I would recommend that management actually try staying in their Riverside suites on a weekend to see how bad the noise is. Here's a hint: it rattled the windows.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your views on your stay with us.
This matter has been dealt with internally via email as per our complaints procedure.
Thank you for taking the time to write about your expeirence.