“Mr”
Review of Zucchini Pasta Bar

Zucchini Pasta Bar
Ranked #13 of 1 355 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Description: Bringing a mono concept in the form of a fresh pasta bar to the lunch time options of Newcastle. Our golden signiture pasta will be hand rolled daily. We aim to provide a product that is both honest and great value for money in a relaxed environment. Whether you're sitting in with us or on the go, we have you covered.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent value for money. Relaxing atmosphere. Try different Italian beers & wines. Really enjoyed it.

1  Thank James J

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We had seen many good reviews about the restaurant and always like to try s new place once! So we opted to go before we went to The Sage last week, as we were also short on time. This proved an excellent choice if you’re time poor as the food was served hot, efficiently, well presented and with a smile. The flavours and dishes were beautiful, and although enough portion wise for me, I would say that some people would think they were on the smaller size. But it’s excellent quality and reflected in the price.
Only disappointment was the drinks, and the Bellini came in a tumbler as oppose to a flute/cocktail style glass which would have just rounded it all off nicely.
Baby change and high chairs available and very spacious if had a pram

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Went with my daughter on bank holiday Friday. we got a nice table for 2. sat there for after minutes, very polite waitress came over. took our orders and bought our drinks. We went for the sharing platter. we both really enjoyed. just the correct amount. Then we had pasta, well you do there. She loved hers, i had the ragu sasuage sauce with a hint of orange. Really nice. she asked for more parmeasan, usually they scimp on it, and she loves the stuff. the lady bought a side plate with a nice pile for us to share. we are looking forward to going again, and will be soon. Think when im in town shopping about on my own. I would feel very comfortable popping in for a bite. less than £25.00 for drinks starter and mains. cant beat that.

1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

On the strength of TripAdvisor reviews we chose Zucchini for an early evening meal. It was empty when we arrived, however it soon filled up with a party and a number of other couples. We were greeted warmly, and given menus immediately. We started with mixed olives and drinks - a Moretti and a Bellini for my wife. I ordered the pappardelle with beef shin and rosemary ragu, and my wife had the open lasagne with fungi. Both were delicious and perfectly cooked, just like in Italy. To follow, we had tiramisu and gelato with sour cherries, and coffee. All authentic - a real taste of Italy.

The decor may put some people of - it is industrial modern, and passers by on the pedestrian walkway tend to look in, but it didn't bother us one bit. If this was my local, I would get very fat!

2  Thank Steve L
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Myself and my partner visited on a thursday night and were pleasantly surprised after wanting to have come for a while.
It does feel quite bare inside but there are italian touches in various places which I appreciated. The waitress was very lovely and friendly and the food came very promptly.
The pasta was noticeably fresh. My slow cooked beef shin was divine! My partner found his pasta had a bit too much fennel in but still enjoyed it.
Came to £21 for 2 mains, wine, diet coke and a side which I found more than reasonable!
Only thought was it would be nice to have my wine in a wine glass rather than a water glass.
Hopefully as they continue to grow they can add to decorations to create a true italian atmosphere.
Will definitely be returning and would recommend! :)