“A bit different from the chains and serving British inspired food”

George's Great British Kitchen - Newcastle
Ranked #69 of 1 356 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Description: A Good & Proper Place for Proper British Grub, Premium British Gins & Vodkas, beach Hut antics & Jolly Good Times!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Came across this place a few months ago wandering tbrough Newcastle's large shopping centre run by intu.
Didn't have the time to visit last time but glad I paid them a visit this time. Great menu, traditional British with quirks, I had the cottage pie which was very nice and the rhubarb and custard soft drink tasted just like the sweet. Followed that with deep fried Cadburys fudge bars! Spotlessly clean, felt it was going to be good not long after walking in. Very good menu, choice of desserts were remarkable.

GeorgesGroup, General Manager at George's Great British Kitchen - Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi wusedog,

We really appreciate the time taken to write a review about your recent visit to Georges Great British Kitchen Newcastle.

I am delighted to see you rated your experience 5 star and decided to finally visit us. Its great to see that your first impressions of our restaurant were fantastic and glad we could deliver to these high expectations with our fantastic Great British grub! We do get amazing feedback about our - as you perfectly put it - remarkable, and nostalgic desserts. I hope you will be returning again soon.

Thanks again for you reviews,

James & the team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Been twice now for an evening meal. I thoroughly recommend the scotch egg for starter! Plenty of choice, fish dishes are good. Excellent choice of drinks and some good gins.

GeorgesGroup, Manager at George's Great British Kitchen - Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Matty

Really pleasing to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your recent visit. Couldn't agree with you more that the Deconstructed Scotch Egg is an absolutely cracking dish to start off your Meal. Sells very well as does our range of Fish, due to this being such a huge part of our heritage.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a glowing review and we hope to see you with us again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Brilliant restaurant, great food and great atmosphere, I had the burger which was delicious and my girlfriend had the fish and chips that was good too (so I was told, I wasn’t offered any) waiters and waitresses were very attentive.defiantly be back.

GeorgesGroup, General Manager at George's Great British Kitchen - Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Richard B!

I'm delighted you found the time to post your review regarding this great experience with us at Georges, its much appreciated!

Its great to see your compliments regarding both service and our grub on offer here here, and I do hope you will be visiting us again soon throughout the Summer!

Many thanks,

James & the team

Reviewed 12 June 2018

From the menu it sounds like you're in for a really nice meal however, we found the food to be pretty bland and disappointing.
The fish and chips sounds special but the 'twice cooked chips' are average at best.
The shepherds pie sounds marvellous but it's a tiny pie served with loads of chips.
Coupled with mediocre service from dis-interested staff, average is the word that best describes this place.

GeorgesGroup, Manager at George's Great British Kitchen - Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Hi Pete

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, albeit disappointing to read. In terms of your review, it really goes against the grain of the general Feedback we get so it would be interesting to hear back form you to let us know when you visited.

We haven't been made aware of any dissatisfaction of late with regards to food quality or personal preference to a dish which is a shame, as we will always do what we can to rectify things, if we are made aware of them at the time.

If you wanted to get in touch with our General Manager James, by contacting newcastleGBK@georgesgroup.co.uk so he could look in to this further that would be appreciated.

Thanks again and sorry that you were disappointed with your visit.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Visited on Friday before the Ed Sheeran concert - pleased we had booked as it was very busy. The food was delicious, our order was a Surf n Turf - the surf being 2 handmade fish fingers with twice fried chips. The dirty burger with cheese and chips and the most delicious leek pudding with steak cooked in a Newcastle Brown Ale gravy, chips and an onion gravy boat. As I said the food was great, unfortunately our meal was spoiled by the eight ‘women’ in the booth behind us, all screaming above each other to be heard, flinging themselves backwards onto the seat nearly catapulting my daughter and me into the next booth. I’m all for people enjoying themselves but they went on ridiculous - these were ‘mature’ women, I use the term loosely!! I do not wish to hear whilst eating about the size of their dogs poo and how it required ‘scraping up’. We would have stayed longer as the cocktails were lovely but just left due to them. Great shame .

1  Thank Dozeyblonde

Hi

Thanks for taking the time out to leave us such an in-depth review and that you joined us on such a busy weekend.It's really great to get such good Feed back on our key dishes as well so I'm glad they hit the spot.

Many thanks