US$113
Grove House Hotel(Woodbridge)
High House Farm(Woodbridge)
Reviews (1 377)
1 377 results
All reviewsthermal suitedriving rangedeben suitebar foodsmall balconysteam roomleisure facilitiesbar areamy mumnight breakevening mealrestaurant stafffamily roomshort breakfrom start to finishlovely viewan overnight stay
27 - 32 of 1 377 reviews
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Joined 7 other couples for a one night break (Sunday/Monday) with two rounds of golf. The hotel was very busy and car parking space was tight. Service at the bar throughout our stay was quite poor with staff clearly not engaged. Those who didn’t play golf had spa treatments which they said were excellent. The room had all the usual facilities and the bed was quite comfortable. The flat screen tv was quite small as was the bathroom which had a ‘cloakroom’ size basin, not really adequate for washing and shaving. Dinner was served from a restricted menu in the main restaurant and was adequate but nothing great. Overall the hotel could do with a makeover although the price does reflect it’s 3 star status.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Director_Ufford_Park, Manager at Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear John

Thank you for your review and we are pleased to read that overall your party did have a good stay with us, giving positive feedback regarding our golf and spa facilities. The majority of our bedrooms have been refurbished with subtle modern colours and furnishings and all the bathroom fittings are standard size. We have also recently given our Bar a makeover, refreshly painted and with new modern flooring, as well as our salon treatment rooms, so we are proactively working our way through the complex to give everything a fresh look. We do hope you will all return again and please call us direct for the best price guaranteed.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I checked out a night early after sustaining in injury to my eye trying to pull the cover up over my on the bed and a neck injury from rubbish pillows, you get one flat pillow in your room disguised by a pile of useless cushions. After a long day I hadn't realised there was only 1 pillow and was too tired to call for extra pillows as I was really tired. I might add that other hotels I have stayed at in this class usually have at least 2-3 pillows per person. Anyway after a rubbish nights sleep before my daughter's wedding I had to send out my husband for painkillers a d thought I'd chill out in the bath, there was a knock at the door which I ignored as there was no clue as to who it was - then the male hotel worker entered my room. Housekeeping manager didn't believe he didn't announce himself, to this I would say as I regularly stay in hotels I would have called to stop the staff entering and asked them to come back later.

I emailed the hotel around 4.30 am during the stay to let them know of my sleep deprived and injured night. The response was I should of called for pillows and they would leave the sheet untucked the next night. It was the most uncaring customer service email ever.

I emailed this operations manager later (16.52) to update him on the staff member entering my room and he's not yet got back to me and there's no staff that can access this email.

Thus it seems that I'm going to have to pay in full for this awful experience, that the hotel take no responsibility for, and having ruined my day of my daughter's wedding through anger and pain.

Ps i had booked 2 rooms, both ended up looking over the car park, my guests in the second room were put into an accessible room, you can imagine my surprise having to explain to my able bodied guests why they were in an accessible room. Check in took forever and staff not very friendly. The only hotel information I gained was the breakfast was £12.95 in advance, no explanation of where breakfast was or any facilities. Staff on the phone the night before check in were not friendly either or helpful towards my bookings

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Director_Ufford_Park, Manager at Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Louise

I'm sorry to read your review. I apologise that Housekeeping came into your room during your stay - normally this would not happen unless a guest has asked for something extra but they do always knock and announce themselves before entering, and of course would never enter if a Do Not Disturb sign is hung on your door. We do have spare pillows in every wardrobe for guests who prefer to have 2 pillows and the way we make our beds are completely standard - the duvet is tucked in for neatness - the guest is free to untuck before getting into bed. If you would still like to speak to a manager please contact our Head of Operations tomorrow. He will be more than happy to hear from you.

Best wishes
MD

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Initial problem was solved easily. Rooms were lovely, spacious and spotlessly clean. Staff on the whole were cheerful and very helpful. Food was good and plentiful. Lovely grounds around the golf course.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room, very quiet, next to the putting green.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Director_Ufford_Park, Manager at Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Jan

It was a pleasure having your coach party stay with us - our location in the heart of the Suffolk countryside makes us ideal for visiting local historic towns and attractions. Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review and I will pass on your kind comments to all of our teams who helped make your stay an enjoyable one. If you are back in Suffolk in the future please do pop in as we would love to see you again.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Just stayed 1 night but it was lovely and wished I had stayed there the whole week. Room was lovely, spacious and comfortable. Food was good and the grounds were delightful. Breakfast was very good for choice.

Stayed: May 2018

Dear Suzannah

What a lovely review and we are thrilled that you clearly enjoyed your short stay with us - thank you so much for your recommendation. We do have some great offers about to tempt you back again - maybe our '3 nights for the price of 2' summer offer, so you get to spend one night free of charge! We hope therefore to see you again soon - please call us direct for the best price guaranteed.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

A group of 8 of us stayed here from 14th to 16th of june on a golf break.The golf was very good on a very testing course with very fast greens. The hotel itself was excellent we had twin ensuite rooms which were very comfortable.The hotel serve an excellent buffet breakfast which is very good quality.The evening meals were very good apart from the supplements charged for some meals. I do think when charged for a three day break it should be all inclusive. The hotel is situated out of town so a taxi ride is needed at night to find any entertainment.

Room Tip: first floor rooms overlooking the golf course are very good
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Director_Ufford_Park, Manager at Ufford Park Woodbridge Hotel, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your great review and our Greenkeeping team will be thrilled with your feedback regarding our 18 hole par 71 magnificent course. We are delighted to read that you all had a good time, commenting positively on the hotel, unlimited buffet style breakfast and your bedrooms. Our Restaurant menu does have some delicious choices available and it current set at £19.95 for 2 courses or £25.95 for three courses, however we do only charge a supplement for steak or our mixed grill. We do have various packages available, some of which do include dinner, bed and breakfast rates so we always recommend ringing our Reservations Team direct for the best price guaranteed. We hope to see you all again soon!