Reviews (1 208)
1 208 results
All reviews tudor room afternoon tea four poster bed beautiful hotel the main hotel cream tea public rooms new owners spa bath beautiful grounds special occasion old building wedding reception smoked salmon birthday treat before dinner lovely setting
476 - 481 of 1 208 reviews
Reviewed 10 December 2015

Thought I would balance he negative review below by saying that overall we had a great Christmas party night! Yes, the food could have been better, but the atmosphere and service was spot on. If you want really good food then eat in the Seckford Hall restaurant,very good indeed then stay the night and wake up in really picturesque surroundings, you won't be disappointed! The hotel setting, in addition to being really special, is very close to Woodbridge, which is well worth a visit as is the nearby Suffolk Coast.The hotel has been recently refitted to a high standard and should be on your list if you are visiting the area or want somewhere special to spend the evening.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Rich111s
ELL2312, General Manager at Seckford Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2015

Thank you very much for the positive review of your recent Christmas Party night here at Seckford Hall. I am so pleased to learn you had a great time and enjoyed yourself in our beautiful Tudor hotel and grounds. They are quite something, aren't they (and particularly magical at Christmas time!) We have recently changed our menu in the 1530 restaurant and are confident all diners will thoroughly enjoy their food there, so please do come back again soon if you can and experience it for yourself.

Reviewed 9 December 2015

A beautiful hotel, tranquil, relaxing and comfortable. Lovely spa. Good facilities. Stunning grounds. The hotel is very well kept. Staff friendly and obliging. Will return for another visit and recommend. A lovely area to visit

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple

In the busy run up to Christmas, it is so important to be able to find some time to relax whenever possible and I am so glad you found Seckford Hall the place to do just that. Thank you for your positive review and sharing you experience with others. We always want our guests to relax and enjoy the hotel and spa and return often. I hope to welcome you back to Seckford Hall again soon.

Reviewed 9 December 2015 via mobile

Wonderful hotel, lovely rooms and great spa. The grounds are beautiful and very peaceful. Breakfast excellent and pleasant staff. It must be great in the summer. Easy to find and a golf course next door. Did spend a couple of hours in the spa, really clean, lovely pool and steam room, the sauna was good as well.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends

Thank you for writing such a great review following your recent stay at Seckford Hall. I am so pleased you enjoy being here and found everything to your liking. We are finding guests love the newly refurbished Seckford Spa and its facilities are a great addition to the hotel. Please do come back in the summer as you suggest - dining al fresco at Seckford Hall is a real pleasure too!

Reviewed 9 December 2015

I recently held my 60th Birthday Dinner celebrations at Seckford Hall. The staff went above and beyond their job description to ensure that myself and family had a wonderful meal and enjoyable evening. Nothing was too much trouble for them for this special occasion. Each member of staff was very professional and dedicated to their job.
Every last detail was planned and coordinated by them, which resulted in a fantastic night.

A special big Thank You in particular to Mike and also Maria - such a great duo working together and a credit to Seckford Hall.

1530’s food was of course excellent to say the least and your Restaurant Manager Lynn also went to great lengths to ensure everything was perfect and that myself and guests were happy. The restaurant waiters were very attentive, pleasant and professional, as were the bar staff and I must mention John, who was our waiter whilst we had our pre-dinner drinks in the Great Room and then later after dinner coffee in the East Library, who also was great!.

All in all an excellent team at Seckford. Thank you!.

Stayed: December 2015
1  Thank MargeEastAnglia

Congratulations on your recent 60th birthday and I am delighted to hear you and your guests had such fantastic celebrations at Seckford Hall. Thank you for writing such a wonderful review and sharing your experience with others. I shall certainly pass on your praise and comments to Mike, Maria, John and Lynn and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2015

We had a brilliant night at Seckford Hall Christmas party. Food was excellent and nice service. Music improved as the night went on. Our group all stayed over - all very pleased with our rooms. Very comfortable. A lovely place to stay. Breakfast was very poor on the service side but the food was fine.

Stayed: December 2015
ELL2312, General Manager at Seckford Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2015

I was so pleased you and your group enjoyed celebrating Christmas at one of our party nights recently. Thank you for sharing your "brilliant night" with others and I am glad you all had fun and were pleased with your rooms. I have however noted your comments regarding service at breakfast and shall speak to my team regarding your feedback. I hope to welcome you back to Seckford Hall again soon.