“The perfect getaway”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

penny h
Derby, United Kingdom
“The perfect getaway”
Reviewed 8 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

Lovely cottage, fresh, clean, light, well-equipped and lots of attention to detail, but still with lots of character. Great location in a spectacular village, beautifully lit for Christmas. Unbelievably quiet in the village at night - you could hear a pin drop, and the minimal street lighting enhances the atmosphere. Good butchers, bakers and general stores, and lots of nearby places to explore. Spacious bed and shower - in fact we found it all seemed generally larger than the photos suggest. Easy parking right outside, good places to eat in the village, dog-friendly. What more could you want?

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
14 Dec 2017
Thank you so much for your very kind words, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and I know you managed to enjoy some lovely places in and around our village. It's a wonderful time of year to visit, and I hope to welcome you back sometime in the future!
Kayleigh...
“Something very special”
Reviewed 30 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Katie has created something very special here. The cottage, sitting pretty in the heart of idyllic historic Lavenham, is utter luxury. It is superbly decorated and is generously stocked with essentials and unexpected extras.

We took bikes and had a fantastic weekend of brisk rides, bubble baths and indulgence. We really can't recommend highly enough - just perfect.

31 Oct 2017
Thank you so much Kayleigh, I am beyond delighted that you and Peter enjoyed your stay. I try very hard to make the experience a special one, it's wonderful to hear how much you've enjoyed our little cottage. Taking bikes is a brilliant idea as there is so much countryside to explore, you had great weather for it too! I do hope to welcome you back soon.

LaCrotell...
Fleet
“Lovely Lavenham!”
Reviewed 25 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We have just come back from a few days in Lavenham staying at Blacksmith’s Cottage.
The cottage is delightful & the restoration has obviously been a labour of love of which Katie should be very proud.
The cottage was immaculately clean & all that one could want or wish for was provided. The bed was very comfortable & of a very high quality as are the towels & bed linen.
There is so much to see & do in the area I would highly recommend it.
Katie was very easy to communicate with & I would have no hesitation in recommending the cottage.

27 Oct 2017
Dear Pat, thank you so much for your very kind words. Your comments have made my day! I am very pleased you enjoyed your time in Lavenham and I very much hope to have you stay again in the future.

All my best,

traceyj62
Orsett, United Kingdom
“Perfect weekend - a romantic cottage in a quaint village.”
Reviewed 26 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

From the start Katie was the perfect host. She was very accommodating and gave us some great places to visit and some excellent food options for our anniversary weekend. The little touches were just spot on including; the fluffy towels, White Company toiletries and food hamper - you couldn't have asked for more! The accomodation is decorated to a very high standard, spotlessly clean and was clearly very well looked after. We will definitely be visiting again!!

28 Sep 2017
Thank you so much! I am pleased you enjoyed a relaxing anniversary weekend in Lavenham - It's just the perfect place to spend a few days away from home, we are very luck to have lots of great places to eat in the village! I really look forward to having you stay again, thank you for looking after the cottage during your stay.
Rachel M
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed 6 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Katie has done a fantastic job with this hideaway. It is beautifully decorated, incredibly luxurious and very well equipped. It is also in a wonderful location, being in the centre of charming Lavenham and only a short drive away from some of Suffolk's prettiest villages. we had a wonderful time and hope to come back again soon.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
11 Sep 2017
Thank you so much Rachel, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. You have been wonderful guests and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future! Thanks again for your kind words.

Best wishes,

Katie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing