“Lovely breakfast!”

Price range: US$1 - US$16
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Bay Tree Cafe Bistro has been an integral part of St Johns Street, one the loveliest areas in Bury St Edmunds, for more than 15 years. Being one the oldest buildings in the street we have been careful not go overboard with modernisation by keeping the interior subtle and furniture simple to offer a balance of cosy cafe and with a hint of modern bistro. With dining rooms on both the ground and first floors it is deceptively larger that it first appears. Our hope is that the Bay Tree's menus offer something for everyone; vegetarian dishes, dishes suitable for special diets and child portions.
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had an amazing breakfast here this Morning. I had homemade american style pancakes with bacon and maple syrup, they were the best pancakes I've ever had! My husband has the big breakfast and that looked lovely and he really enjoyed it. The staff are fantastic and friendly. We will definitely be back to try lunch soon!

1  Thank Leuty-Deeks

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Still one of the best places to eat in Bury St Edmunds. Consistently good freshly cooked food. I had the spicy prawn salad for lunch which was amazing. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank Abbot1967
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I was looking for gluten/dairy free light bite, I could have had a sandwich, but i was hoping for cake, unfortunately, none available.
The others choose a burger and fries, steak panini, chicken sandwich. It all looked really nice and fresh and they all said it tasted delicious. Friendly service too...

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Great to be treated to a luncheon today. New menus, really love them. Easy to read and great range to choose from. First of all, they do the Best Toasted Sandwiches ever.
But, today I noticed they have a Steak & Onion Panini plus salad. So excited, as one never sees Steak sandwich or Toasted steak on a menu. Well, I am one of those that love the combination. It was delicious, tender and easy to bite into. Husband had his favourite Double Hamburger, not sure of the name. Nevertheless, the hamburgers are made in house, like most of the food. All food is prepared fresh. All cakes are made in house as well, well majority of them. Great pot of tea, so really enjoyed the atmosphere and went away full. Thank you for the great service and food. Takeaway Latte as well

Reviewed 7 February 2018

What a lovely find! Just a few minutes away from the busy town centre is The Bay Tree a charming bistro serving freshly prepared and cooked delicious food beautifully served by friendly efficient staff, there was a lovely atmosphere and it is clearly frequented by lots of regular customers, I believe they also cater for takeaway. My large skinny latte was huge, frothy and hot, just the ticket on a cold day. I had a veggi panini which was served with a nice salad garnish and we also ordered sweet potato fries which were yummy and all at a very reasonable price. I'll definitely be going again and can highly recommend a visit. Importantly the loos were spotless!