“We love this place!”
Review of Cheers Restaurant

Cheers Restaurant
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had never been before, but had heard great things about it. We've been trying for years to get into the Thetford branch with no luck. We booked this online, which was very handy. I was glad we were able to get a table on a Friday afternoon. We were meeting up with a friend with our children so the set menu where children eat free (FREE!!!) was a big bonus for us. Also the fact that house wine or sangria is included.
The food was amazing! Bread, olives and chorizo to start. And then the main attraction...the beef. We didn't set the record for the most meat ordered, but we were close. The kids had a bit of steak and the chips. But there was no stress if they ate or didn't since we weren't paying for them. The staff were fabulous too. My daughter had a moment and the staff were very attentive and tried to get her into a better mood. She was eventually won over and we had a really lovely night. I can't recommend this place enough! It will definitely be our go to place for nights out with friends, family, acquaintances, random people.

3  Thank pdogjaynes

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely amazing as always. We had a absolutely fantastic time tonight with family celebrating my cousins 13th Birthday. The service is 5 star and I cannot fault it. The thick steak is so tasty and tender. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for tonight.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My boyfriend and I come here all the time, and tonight we came to celebrate his brothers new job - we always leave so happy! The food, the staff, the atmosphere, we couldn't fault any of it. Honestly, if you want an amazing experience, we especially loved Joao and Paulo!!! 10/10! Perfect little place for Bury St Edmunds!

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Everything was perfect from food to service. All you can eat means just that. Very nice experience. Will definitely be back

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

been to this restaurant loads and always had an amazing time, great food, great service, and a really good concept. however the last couple times i have been i have left not only disappointed, but on the toilet all night with sickness and the rest of it! left me feeling really uneasy -wether it’s the quality of steak or cleanliness of the hot stones i’m just not sure but it’s just not the same.
the last time i went, we were eating as normal and could taste something unusual about our steaks.. tasted slightly off, and really didn’t enjoy it, to then be told they were actually serving lamb tonight rather than beef!! lamb is no where on the menu at all and i think it’s disgusting to be served something you didn’t order, only to be told after you’ve eaten a whole plate! my partner never eats lamb and so was very unwell afterwards with his stomach not being used to it.

AND TO MAKE IT WORSE.

they did the same to us the time before, but only served chicken livers with the starters, again - not on the menu!! i’m not a fan of chicken liver but because they didn’t tell us what it was, my friend who hasn’t been there before was eating it and she’s pregnant!!! one of the worst things to eat when carrying a child but we weren’t told what it was!! we were fuming. will NOT be giving them another chance.

3  Thank susan_partidge