“Awful, really poor”
Review of Myton House Pub

Myton House Pub
Ranked #280 of 371 Restaurants in Stockton-on-Tees
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We now have a full new kitchen team here at the Myton so why not come down and try our much improved food! Always a service with a smile!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited this place on many occasions, food usually ok, nothing special but convenient being local to us and in walking distance. Went tonight, 7 of us, family and friends. Busy which was understandable due to the football being on. Food arrived after about 20 minutes, very disappointing, the curly chips were extremely dry and the burger also dry, nothing tasty about it whatsoever. Absolutely disgusting. My daughter ordered nachos which she’s had on numerous occasions, tonight the portion size was terrible, ordered a sharing portion as she was having it as a main meal, the size was more of a small portion not the large that I’d ordered and paid for. Complained about the food to a member of staff who said she would pass the comments onto the chef and that was it. Also, left two glasses of wine as it was horrible and lemonade was the worse lemonade I’ve ever tasted, also complained to a member of staff who just shrugged and walked away. Really disappointed and will not be visiting again for a very long time. Heard others around us who also felt the same.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Called on a Saturday afternoon, place was busy lots of kids running around. Had no wine as there had been a wrong order. Ok if you have kids however don't expect a quiet drink.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Been to this public house a few times now with my family. Every time was borderline ok but on our last visit it was very different. The staff were very rude especially the large bouncer looking guy behind the bar. He Rolled his eyes when I asked what child drinks do they have and seemed like all he wanted to do was talk to the other staff rather than help the customers. The Food took ages to come out and when it finally came one meal was cold also the drinks were warm. Don’t no if the chiller was broken either way no excuse, very poor for the prices.
I will not be going back again due to the lack of professionalism from the staff mainly one in particular.
The Myton seems to have slowly gone down hill since new managers it seems there only aim is to serve as much and as fast as possible and not care about quality or service skills.

2  Thank sean29031
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

We came to the Myton House on Wednesday 13th of June with our dog for tea! We had not been before so thought why not! The staff came across very friendly,our order was took fast, drinks were nice and cold! When the food came it was delivered by a man that we can only describe as being part of the Magic Mike show! My friend and I will be returning!He even give my dog some treats! Excellent food and great customer services

Kai O, Manager at Myton House Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments I will pass the along to the team and magic mike

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

The staff were really friendly and I will go back but the floor is very sticky and the grill is clearly not very clean because we had early lunch and the bacon covered in dirty grease and black bits. Tasted fine though and came quick I think it could have tasted nicer if the grill was cleaned.

Thank you for you review, I will pass on your comments to the kitchen manager and we hope to see you again soon