“Fab stay and food ”

Price range: US$6 - US$26
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and had the best time. The customer service was excellent the staff couldn't do enough for us and made us feel very welcome. We had dinner lunch and breakfast here and all meals were fab. This would be a great place for a birthday/celebration meal in the evening the food was excellent and reasonably priced

The room we stayed in was great lovely touches with complementary snacks and hot drinks. Lovely bathroom and toiletries. Would highly reccomend a stay.

Five min walk to the main cheddar village so a great base for exploring

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Really nice pub down the road from Cheddar Gorge. As my title says it had good pub grub, friendly staff and a lovely beer garden

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Four of us had lunch, two had 'fish' and chips. Not sure what the fish was but batter was ok. Two had haloumi and mushroom burgers which was also ok. Real ale well kept. The meal was not really value for money but in future we will try elsewhere.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Chose this pub for a meal with work colleagues - we arrived early (had booked), but nothing was too much trouble for the staff. They even discussed allergy concerns with one of our party and consulted with the chef to make sure the meal was hassle free.
The food was delicious, from the starters of soup of the day and spicy calamari through to the staples of great pub grub - fish and chips, steak and ale pie, mixed grills etc.
The staff even ensured we had a prime viewing spot for the World Cup games.
For those visiting Cheddar, choose this venue.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Went to the Bath Arms for a meal with friends whilst staying in Cheddar after it was recommended as a great place to go by a coeliac group on Facebook and I was not disappointed. For me, it was great to have a menu where I could have virtually anything on the menu except two items. The batter was gluten free, the fryer only used for gluten free foods and meals were either completely gluten free or could be adapted.

An entree of bread and dips was brought out for everyone and a separate one for me. I had scallops for my starter and ham, egg and chips for my main with a side order of onion rings (which I didn't really need but had them just because I could - other coeliacs will understand). Ham egg and chips doesn't sound a very fancy meal but it's one of my favourites and one I have not been able to have for many years.

The portions were generous and in fact I couldn't quite eat all mine. My friends said their food was delicious also.

It was very good value. Six of us, all having starter and main course plus 4 bottles of wine and only worked out to be £35 each.

I would definitely go back if ever in Cheddar again and would definitely recommend to others. Need to book though as was very busy.

2  Thank Clemmy68