“First caving experience with our great instructor, Lawrence”

Cave Climb - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Specialist providers of caving, climbing and abseiling since 1988. Extremely experienced instructors with impeccable safety record. Licensed to provide activities to schools and youth groups. We tailor the activity to suit the customer - challenging sessions for adults groups - fun, safe and educational sessions for children - unusual and adventurous day out for family groups Based in Cheddar, Somerset.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were slightly nervous at the beginning and were not sure if we were going to be able to complete all the challenges in the cave but Lawrence was so calm and gently encouraging that we couldn't help but feel confident in our capabilities. From the moment we met Lawrence he shared interesting facts about the formation of the caves and the history, he really engaged the kids and kept them interested. All in all a fantastic family experience and one we'll never forget.

1  Thank lydia878
in 15 reviews
"trip fun"
"memorable afternoon"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this activity"
"wellington boots"
"scared of heights"
"caving adventure"
"late notice"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What an experience.....overcoming mind, body and spirit to fully participate and enjoy the caving experience ( not bad for someone who turned out to be little claustrophobic!) - Neil was our guide and he continued to encourage and support me despite my reluctance and fear, never pushy or insistent - but just enough to give me the confidence to trust in him and myself! Can not rate this highly enough! Amazing opportunity to be at one with nature, while having a huge amount of fun along the way! We are travelling from Lands End to John O'Groats and this has been our best experience to date (and we have tried many!) - it's a good price too given some of the other experiences we have tried with other companies!

1  Thank Dawn_clem
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was marvellous! I did a charity abseil as part of some fundraising and the company were so accommodating and helpful; replied to emails in good time too! Rather than do the abseil on my own, I was given the opportunity to join a group booking, with 3 of us altogether. Neil was our instructor and he was great! Very supportive and reassuring for those a bit more nervous, but he also encouraged us to try jumping down the rock face - which we all did! I can’t wait to do it again and I would definitely recommend them! Bring on the next challenge :)

1  Thank Heather P
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Organised the full day tour of caving and abseiling for a surprise for my partner's birthday. Such a reasonable price for us both and for both activities. Started with the Dry Caving - so much fun. We had Neil take us on both activities. We had a few 'challenges' squeezing through tight spaces, and Neil let us be the leader some times so we had to figure out some things ourselves. Abseiling was awesome too. We got to watch Neil set this all up and then have a go. We picked it up pretty quickly and had three goes each! The main challenge was the hill you have to walk up to be honest haha! Would definitely do it again, maybe try a wet cave next! Thanks for everything and making Will's birthday special.

1  Thank Ellie W