“Random afternoon tea”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We were walking around in town and happened upon this charming place. We had no booking but the host was very accommodating. After asking us to wait for a few minutes he managed to find a table for two. Lovely service and great afternoon tea. They also had string quartet playing which was a lovely touch. Would definitely recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (2 570)

28 - 32 of 2 570 reviews

Reviewed 14 October 2018

After a visit to the Roman Baths my wife and I wanted to reflect on our 90 minute visit with a cup of tea and scones and the Pump Room Restaurant was an ideal location being so close to the Baths. We were not disappointed. Waiters in starched aprons, a pianist playing light classics and hot Earl Grey tea served with scones and lemon drizzle cakes was so very English!. The service was good as was the the food - pity we couldn't stay any longer as we had a train to catch to London.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

Set in a pretty Georgian room, my wife and I quite enjoyed our tea here--the scones were great, as were the sandwiches and desserts. Their tea selection was wide and our choice (Rooibos) was excellent. They allowed to have more sandwiches and scones as well--you'll have to ask for the scones specifically. My wife particularly enjoyed her Pump Room Cool Collins, a non-alcoholic drink made with lemon juices, spa water (it's warm! but poured over ice), simple syrup and mint...very refreshing.

Definitely recommend!

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Had the afternoon tea. Could not fault anything. We even turned up early as it was raining outside and the staff accommodated us straight away. Was plenary of food Tea & Coffee. Very popularised I would recommend booking in advance if you can.
Lovely music being played by the pianist.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Popped in for coffee & cheese scone with my daughter who had a bath bun. Excellent from start to finish, staff, food, surroundings & live musicians, heaven.

Been to The Pump Room Restaurant? Share your experiences!