“Bakery with cafe attached”

The Thoughtful Bread Company
Ranked #1 of 9 Bakeries in Bath
Cuisines: Italian, Spanish, British
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: We are an award winning artisan bakery based right in the heart of the World Heritage City of Bath. We bake everything on site in our bakery, from the cakes to the artisan bread and our patisseries. The venue also houses our bakery school where we run regular courses.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Bakery with cafe attached. I must come back when I need bread. And when I need lunch. Lots of interesting stuff laid out to try.

(I went back for bread and they had sold out. Go early.)

I had an espresso and sat outside on the pavement tables. Nice coffee. Nice place, good service.

1  Thank jacw2000

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

An excellent artisan bakery with interesting and tasty savoury & sweet options.
All food tasted by three friends was very good. In fact we stopped for morning coffee and went back for lunch. I have since gone back to buy bread and pastries. the best croissant I've ever tasted!

1  Thank Christine C
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I chose this course (Holy Grail: Sourdough Baking) because of the positive feedback online, the bakery's sustainable approach and most of all for the opportunity to learn from the best (I'd already tasted Duncan's delicious bread).
We had breakfast and lunch in the lovely cafe adjoining the bakery.
Friendly staff and delicious food prepared on site, at just a stone's throw from the centre of Bath!

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Drawn to this place by its simplicity and ethics around being indy and about craft baking. Friendly staff, great coffee, lush cakes and sarnies. Both occasions excellent. Why would you go to a chain place when you can eat here?

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Real, wholesome, delicious, healthy breakfast or lunch at this small bakery and cafe. Don't leave without a loaf of their wonderful bread to enjoy at home! And if you become, or already are, addicted to the flavours and textures of proper bread, I highly recommend Duncan's bread making course held in the well-equipped teaching kitchen in the basement to learn the tips and tricks from years of experience that you just can't get from books.