Reviews (2 642)
2 642 results
1 418
1 418
All reviews brasserie blanc feature room queen square car park lovely hotel superior room afternoon tea classic room central location nespresso machine per night third floor bed was very comfortable royal crescent main attractions within easy walking distance eggs benedict
687 - 692 of 2 642 reviews
Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights from Saturday.
The hotel is in a great location, being round the corner from shops, pubs, restaurants etc.
Car parking is available, but limited spaces.
Room was of a good size, with free water and juice in the fridge, re stocked every day.
Breakfast was ok, but needed to be warmer, with more hot choices, i.e. Beans, black pudding etc.
Common areas including the bar area needed to be warmer, which would've kept us in the bar area longer.
Very limited channels on the tv, which for a 4 star hotel charging over £200 per night, was very disappointing.
If I was in Bath again, I possibly would look to see if the hotel was offering any special deals, if they weren't , I would look elsewhere.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
FrancisHotelBath, Public Relations Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

Dear Mwg66

Thank you for your constructive feedback I is appreciated. I do hope that you will check to see if we have any offers and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

Myself and my beautiful lady spent one night in a superior double room which was very comfortable only small down side no bath. We ate in the restaurant attached to the hotel the fillet steak was to die for. Only slight problem was the time meal took to arrive about fourty five minutes from the time we ordered it. The hotel was very clean and staff were really helpful. Will definitely be going back to this hotel. You must go to the thermae spar for a treat absolutely brilliant.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
FrancisHotelBath, General Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2016

Dear Mark H

I am delighted you had a good time when you stayed with us. On your next visit, please request a room with a bath as our Classic and Superior rooms are a selection of both.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

My wife and stayed for one night as a treat.
This is an excellent hotel. Well located and with valet parking available. The rooms as all very well appointed and in this quirky historic terrace building have already the modern amenities.
From greeting to departure we were well looked after.
He public areas are bright and airy. The staff are all helpful and knowledgeable.
Try the Bath Gin -with orange not lemon!
Breakfast is a little pricy but plate service and quality ingredients are not cheap!
The Francis is a quality hotel and does not disappoint.

1  Thank Paul_Mastersrl

Dear Paul_Mastersrl

We appreciate you sending in your feedback and delighted you had a good time with us.

We hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

We were 6 ladies travelling together to celebrate all our birthdays
The Francis Hotel met our needs very well. We booked the 'Gourmet Package' which included dinner in the Raymond Blanc Brasserie.
Firstly the rooms ,we had four between us , my single on the third floor was small but
Had a lovely shower room with everything I needed in fact it suited me very well as it had a nice sized walk in shower and I was just out of a cast having broken my leg .
The only downside is there are still quite a few stairs even with the lift.
We had drinks in the lounge ,helpful staff drinks a bit pricey.
However the meal in the RBBrasserie was a triumph.
We all had a jolly good time ! The menu was interesting, no add ons, we had only to pay for our alcohol and all of us enjoyed everything we ordered. I had Wild Boar which I had never tried before and it was delicious.
It was a quiet evening but the waiters were all very nice , attentive when needed and left us when we needed a break. They also put up with us being there quite late when l'm sure they were ready for home.
I looked at the real cost of the bill and quite honestly I thought it was very reasonable
Not much more than a good pub meal especially as they do specials on early door drinks and other offers.
Thanks to the guys as we really enjoyed our Birthday Meal and made it special.
To finish the Francis was a good choice, excellent location a short walk to town but we did the hop on / off bus which stop right outside the hotel. Great for guests with a gammy leg !

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank lesleydcarter
FrancisHotelBath, General Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Dear lesleydcarter

Oh my goodness, it does sound like you have had a great celebratory time together with your friends, which is wonderful. I do hope your leg is continuing to mend as it should!

Thank you for sending in your feedback, I will certainly pass it on to Brasserie Blanc and I am sure it will be appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back at some time in the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

It's ages since I stayed here and they have really improved the hotel.
Really enjoyed my stay in a room on the top floor. No view from the window and the room was small but very pleased overall with the quality of facilities and what was provided.
Great bath towels, really good breakfast, comfy bed in a fabulous location to walk anywhere in the City.
I will come back.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jim S
FrancisHotelBath, General Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Dear exploringtheworld37

Thank you very much indeed for you review. I am delighted we have had the opportunity to welcome you back to The Francis and I hope it won’t be long before we can do it again.