All reviews continental breakfast parking permit guest house private garden georgian townhouse no lift top floor great pulteney street perfect location lovely guesthouse city centre cooked options single room flights of stairs four poster few minutes walk roman baths
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel was brilliant, clean, tidy with welcoming staff. Lovely room with tea and coffee centrally located for all Bath attractions and sightseeing. We were upgraded to the four poster room for my 60 th birthday that was a lovely gesture. Good continental breakfast plenty of choice available.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

I have been laughing at some of the negative reviews about the hotel...ok, this place is a bit tired in places, scuffs on the paintwork and some of the carpets are past their best. However this is a busy and popular place so it is going to have some wear and tear. We had a really nice 2 day stay here. Our welcome was polite and informative...the staff very clear about what was what! Our room was well appointed and the bed was comfortable. Bathroom clean and everything working. Throughout our stay we found all of the staff polite and engaging, the breakfast was good and the full English was nice. In terms of cost, I think that it measures up well against other smaller places in Bath. Our friends were staying in Bath too and they were looking at £200 per night in a modern hotel near the station. We slept well, the room was comfortable and we would happily return.

Room Tip: We had a room at the rear of the hotel which was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

The location of the hotel is fab, the rooms are comfortable and clean. The price for parking is more than fair as it is the city center. The staff were lovely and helpful, my wife left her phone when we checked out and we received it next day via recorded delivery. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

An excellent place to stay and positioned perfectly for a visit to Bath. The staff were exemplary in every respect, the room comfortable and spacious and a good breakfast was served. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

My partner booked a double room for us to celebrate my birthday.
I read the reviews, after booking, and was expecting something like Faulty Towers meets accommodation in a third world country.
Please read the negative reviews because the owners replies are stella and very funny whilst being factual.
We arrived just after the 2pm check in time and were greeted by the very friendly duty manager (Clare I believe). Costs for parking and breakfast upgrades were clearly explained to us before we were shown to our Classic Double room (with a bath).
This isn’t some shiny, modern building full of smoked glass and chrome. It’s a beautiful Georgian building with period decoration and all the original features.
Our room was warm and clean and all the facilities worked well. Plenty of hot water, strong WiFi (free), air conditioning and a modern tv.
Bed linen was of good quality and the towels were fluffy and appeared not to have been used a thousand times, not to mention the abundant supply of White Company toiletries.
We also used the downstairs bar/reception area to enjoy a glass of prosecco before venturing into the night.
We both had a good nights sleep after a night out in Bath and I took advantage of the inclusive continental breakfast in the morning.
There was a great selection of fresh fruits, cereals, yogurts and bit and pieces to make you breakfast individual. I was offered a menu of extras but didn’t feel the need to indulge, the inclusive croissants and toast were plenty for me.
The dining room was organised and clean and made for a relaxing start to the day.
In short, I would highly recommend staying at this beautiful guest house. The building is loved and it’s so central.
We will definitely be visiting again.

1  Thank Craig F
TheWindsor, Owner at The Windsor Townhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

What a lovely review, Thank you! Although these are the kind of comments we are used to receiving verbally at the time of stay or at check out, it is unusual for someone to take the time and trouble to put this in writing. Thank you so much, we look forward to welcoming you again next time you are in Bath - complementary upgrade coming your way!!.....