“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #279 of 628 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: British and International Classics With A Contemporary Twist. Seasonal Specials Changed Monthly
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We visited on a Saturday lunchtime over Easter, it was very busy but we were greeted immediately and seated at our pre booked table. The choice of food was good and the service quick and polite. I was expecting there to be a delay given how busy it was but I was very impressed with the service. Lovely interior that makes you feel welcome. We will return.

Hello!

Thank for your review.

It is good to hear that you and your party enjoyed your visit on Saturday! I am glad that you all had a great meal and you were made to feel looked after!

We hope to see you all again soon.

The George Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1 019)

66 - 70 of 1 019 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Was staying at a hotel 10 minutes walk away and our friends recommended this pub for food and ale. A good choice, a nice welcome, a very friendly pub, good food and good beer. Will definetly come again when in the area

Hi Lloyd,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am glad that you enjoyed our food and there was a beer that suited your tastes! I hope that the rest of your stay in the area was a pleasant one.

We hope that we will see you again in future!

Many Thanks

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Meal with family, starter calamari is over priced at 6.25 for three rings of squid. Staff took it of our bill when mentioned which was nice but they did agree it was not great value still it was all sorted so everyone happy

Hello Chris,

Thank you for leaving us your review!

I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your meal with us on Sunday. I have passed on your feedback to our management team and our HO in regards to the pricing of our Calamari starter. I am glad that this was sorted for you when it came to paying the bill!

We hope to see you all again soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

What a shame. Visited here on way home from shopping trip. Food was good in general although steak a bit tough. Service by lad called Tom was perfect. I challenged the bill as it seemed a bit steep considering we had a set meal and very apologetically they knocked £3 as they said they hadn't removed the dessert. It wasn't until we got home we realised that actually they had charged us for the starters on top of the set meal so we overpaid by approx £11. Too far to go back and a real shame because otherwise I would have been full of praise.

George I, Manager at George Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Hello

I’m sorry to hear that we over charged you when you visited us. If you or a member of your party still still have the receipt from your meal we can sort this refund out for you without you having to pop back in.

Please give us a call on 01225 425079 and ask for myself, Deborah or Tanisha.

Steve DGM

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

My wife says it was one of the best meals she’s had in GB. Tom was our server and gave us great service.

Hi William

I’m glad you and your wife enjoyed your meals here with us, your review as been passed on to Tom and the rest of the team.

We do hope to see you again in the near furture.

Many Thanks
The George Team

Been to George Inn? Share your experiences!