“Walking tour”

Bath Regency Walking Tours
Ranked #17 of 63 Tours in Bath
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Unique walking tours of beautiful Bath town with Mr Elliott. All of the major sites of the city are covered in this 90 min tour, but unlike any other tour available, Mr Elliott will tell you the scandals and dirty secrets of the town as well as the history. The tours are highly informative and entertaining, suitable for all ages. Tips based public tours are available most weekends of the year between Mar - Oct at 12.30 and at 3.00pm. Private tours are available throughout the year for parties between 2-30 people at a time and day to suit the customer. Prices for private tours begin at £60 for 2 people, please contact us for details and availability.
Reviewed 26 September 2017

First rate, and the price is right (free, but accepts tips). Fun, informative. Would highly recommend.

FergElliott, Owner at Bath Regency Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Thank you for your review, so pleased that you enjoyed the tour, huzzah!

All reviews
"excellent walking tour"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend the tour"
in 2 reviews
"lots of interesting facts"
"free tour"
"knowledge"
"donation"
"pace"

Reviewed 20 September 2017

We bumped into Mr Elliott in the courtyard outside the Abbey while looking for the Mayor's guides, and immediately decided he would be worth spending half of our only time in Bath with. We made a good decision. He's a natural storyteller with a bona fide background in history who is also an entertainer. Unlike some other tours we've been on, we never once thought, 'I wish this tour would end.' He has great anecdotes to share and easily answered our random questions. One question I meant to ask and didn't was, Is your first name really 'Mr'? Maybe it's one of those Bath mysteries! By the way, Mr Elliott gives the tour just for tips, so you only pay what it's worth to you.

1  Thank kaysev50
FergElliott, Owner at Bath Regency Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Hello there and thank you so much for your review. So glad that you didn't join the Mayor's guides - they really do take the lion's share of the business in town, but instead opted for my humble efforts of a walking tour, now if I can just get the other 50 people to join me then that would be a huzzah!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

A very interesting tour with a personal feel, delivered in a very enthusiastic, entertaining way by a clearly knowledgable, hard working Mr Elliot! This was the best activity we did in Bath and, upon seeing other walking tours, we are so glad we went with this one, as the others looked so boring! Mr Elliot is very deserving of all he earns as he clearly works hard to make the experience memorable and enjoyable, for all! Huzzah!

1  Thank Jessica K

Hello Jessica and a big thank you for your lovely review! You're quite correct the others are a tad boring haha, which is why I do what I do to be honest, so I am very pleased that you enjoyed my humble efforts to bring some life and colour into the guided tours of this city, huzzah!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

It was our first time in Bath this Saturday so my sister and I initially considered a open bus tour but then stumbled on the regency stand which seemed a bit more interesting so decided to go for it. What an experience! Our tour guide, Mister Elliott certainly kept us all engaged (group of 15) throughout the tour, providing us not only with the history of Bath but also the scandalous stories that may not be in the public domain.

Not usually a history fan but he kept us all in good spirits and I actually really enjoyed it and would do it again. We laughed a lot and the banter was on point!

Best way to tour around Bath!

1  Thank Tiffany S
FergElliott, Owner at Bath Regency Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Helloooo Tiffany! and thank you very much for an awesome review of my little tour here in Bath. So glad that you decided not to go on the bus tour but came on my tour and enjoyed yourselves, but even more pleased that you enjoyed the historical element of the tour, huzzah I've done my job, hope you both enjoyed the rest of your time in Bath and you must come back some day.