“Gorgeous Gyosa ”

Comins Tea | Fine Tea Merchants
Ranked #2 of 50 Coffee & Tea in Bath
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Description: As Tea Merchants we travel the world to source fine single estate and single origin teas. In our Tea House you can browse & sample teas or enjoy traditional tea service alongside a carefully selected menu inspired by our travels around the world. We offer breakfast [Sri Lankan Egg Hoppers, Japanese Hokkaido Toast], Lunches [dumplings & tartines] & Afternoon tea as well as him-made cakes all day.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Comins Tea was the perfect lunch break from a busy day in Bath. The staff were very helpful and knowledgeable (we had a pleasant lesson in tea) but their small menu stole the show. The Pork Gyosa were delicious and the recommended tea in accompaniment was great (and fun).

Visit here for a relaxing cup of tea and I recommend the food/cake as well

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and daughter and I had afternoon tea here recently .your first impressions might be wrong if you think it just another cafe .This is a gem of a discovery . My wife looked at a number of afternoon tea possibilities and this by far tuned out to be one of the best .
If you value people taking their task seriously and caring for what they do and producing a quality product , this is for you .
Just to stop and enjoy the tea and quiet and chill with your book or whatever
Do yourself a favour and include it in your visit

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

When we first walked in we were greeted by a friendly helpful man (who turned out to be the owner). who seated us on a small cosy table . He then asked us if we wanted an explanation of the quite complicated and extensive tea menu, we did indeed as my husband is very interested in the expanding popularity of tea, his explanation was clear and really interesting.

I usually always have Green Tea but based on my new found knowledge choose a white tea which you serve with not boiling water but at 80 degrees (you get your own pot of hot (or boiling water) so it’s pretty much an endless cup
As you can just keep in refining!! Each tea is served in its very own matched tea pot and cup ensuring the very best flavour, indeed each tea needs different lengths of time to brew so you are served with a digital Timer to maximise your tea and optimise it’s taste!

We also ordered from a much smaller but just as interesting food menu, the options were breakfast, lunch, open sandwiches, cakes, a set menu and afternoon tea but for that you have to book it 24 hours in advance (next time for sure). We ordered one set menu which included: one pot of tea of your choice, homemade gyoza meat or veg and Macha tea ice cream. We also had a Asian salad with homemade Indian dumplings and more gyoza dumplings all which were the best I had ever tasted and accompanied with perfectly matched and very tasty sauces.

To finish our lovely experience at Comins Tea House we had a small pot of macha ice cream which was included in the set menu it was not to my taste but my husband really enjoyed it.

We also had a mini blueberry scone with jam and clotted cream which was delicious and just enough for a bite each . Last but by no means least we had a macha and white chocolate cookie which was one of the best cookies I had ever tasted I would definitely recommend.

We loved this off the beaten track team, super relaxed and very friendly tea house and will definitely pop by again on our next visit from Cambridge. I did see that they also run tea courses (an idea for my husbands birthday perhaps!)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I adore this tea shop and it’s wonderfully relaxed atmosphere. When in Bath I love to come alone and practice the meditative tea drinking. Delicious tea and such helpful staff and owners! Would recommend to everybody.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Had a truly lovely time with friends enjoying the Afternoon Tea for £16pp. No frilly and floral decor or traditional cake stands here! A modern setting for a very interesting tea experience. We appreciated the guide through our tea choices and had fun with the selection to go with our savoury then sweet servings - tea very tasty and food delicious. A fun and novel Afternoon Tea I would highly recommend. Have a feeling we may be back and I will probably enjoy going for “just a cuppa” sometime soon too.