“Not to be missed”

Shropshire Raft Tours
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Ironbridge
More attraction details
Owner description: Shropshire Raft Tours welcomes you to our scenic river trips, Mega Stand up paddle boards, mini-raft & canoe hire along the beautiful River Severn located in Ironbridge, Shropshire. Great for those seeking a complete and fun-filled Ironbridge Gorge mini-adventure. Families welcome with any age of children. Group trips available with early bookings recommended. Group discounts available.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was a great and perfect end to my mum and i trip to ironbridge. Nigel out guide was excellent and super at his job. You felt safe, welcome and relaxed. My mum and i were very lucky as there was only us on the boat so we had our own personal tour and i even got to have a go at rowing... its not as easy as Nigel makes it look ha. I honestly would recommend going as i loved every minute of it. Thank u so much Nigel we shall most definitely be back

Shropshire R, Director at Shropshire Raft Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Kate. Thank you for such a great review. I'm so pleased that you and your mum enjoyed your trip on the river and felt safe...and yes, the rowing of the raft is not as easy as Nigel makes it look! I will pass your comments onto Nigel and we hope you come back and see us again. Sharon

All reviews
"knowledgeable host"
"longer tour"
"white water"

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This has to be the best thing you can do at ironbridge,the couple who run it are brilliant at their jobs and so friendly.
If we there in the area again we would go for another raft ride again.
A big thank you

Hi Jeremy. Thank you for posting a great review. It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife and take you on the raft trip. We're pleased to hear that you had such a great time and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Sharon

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Regarding the booking very easy and fast.
On arrival I am not sure why I had to leave my passport at the shop,although I had a valid Kuwaiti ID together with the Passport I believe only the ID should have been accepted and the Passport should have been returend on spot.However as everybody was so excited I could not refuse the request and risk failure of trip.
As there were no insturctions on safety and risks at all .I am not sure if in a case of an emergency any support would have been availabe.
Very friendly team.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. When you made the booking online, I emailed you immediately to confirm what time you wanted to book the boats out for hire and to advise you that our procedure when hiring out our boats is to retain a driving licence at the kiosk as a deposit whilst you are out on the water (this information is also contained in the terms and conditions on our booking page which you accepted, and also on the waiver form which you signed on the day of the hire). When I received no reply from the 2 emails I sent to you, I called you direct and confirmed this information with you over the phone. You advised me that you did not have a licence with you but had a passport which I confirmed was ok as a valid form of ID. You did not query this with me over the phone or state you were unhappy about leaving this.

When you arrived at the kiosk, you handed me your passport which I retained and made no mention of any other ID. Again, you did not say you were unhappy about leaving your passport. Had you made me aware at the time of your reluctance to leave your passport and shown me your separate Kuwaiti ID I would have been happy to look at this.

I explained to you before you went out the areas on the river where you could paddle, areas you were not allowed to paddle and advised you to not paddle in the full flow of the current up river, whilst also looking out for fishermen's lines. The stretch of river which you paddle is extremely calm, with no rapids. All water activities have an element of risk which we cannot control and the waiver form you signed states that that hirer acknowledges they are responsible for their own safety and that of their group. Had you obviously had an emergency on the river we were only a phone call away.

When you arrived back you did say you had all enjoyed your time on the water, however I am disappointed that you did not make any concerns you had known to me on the day so that I could have addressed them.

Sharon

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Beautiful scenery with an educational interaction. The weather was glorious which made the trip even more enjoyable.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hi Allison. Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip with us in the great weather we've been having. We hope you come back and see us again. Sharon

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a lovely raft tour down The Severn. Even though we are local and visit Ironbridge regularly, being on the water allowed us to take in the beautiful scenery and wildlife from a different perspective. The Ironbridge is currently being renovated and is covered up, but from the raft we had the opportunity to see underneath The Ironbridge which I had not seen before.
Our guide was friendly and informative. He really involved my mum’s foster kids by allowing them the chance to row and dunk their heads in the water, all whilst remaining safe and professional.
I would recommend the tour for something different to do whilst visiting The Ironbridge.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hi. Thank you for your great review. As you say, seeing Ironbridge from the river really does give you a totally different perspective. Our guides try to involve the children on our trips, and its great to hear they had a chance to row the raft. We hope you come back and see us again. Sharon