“Super Duper !! ”
Review of Kias Pastaria

Kias Pastaria
Ranked #11 of 1 596 Restaurants in Sheffield
Description: Kia's Pastaria is a fresh new Italian Restaurant who specialize in Pasta. We provide a warm and friendly atmosphere where you can sit and relax with friends and family. Pre-book or drop in! We look forward to seeing you!
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Just back from a lovely evening at Kia’s . We were celebrating my Wife’s birthday , from the request for a little peach for add to the bottle Prosecco (to make Bellini’s )to the suggestion of a coffee outside to the photo of the family together , that’s what makes the difference!! Excellent Service ... Oh and the food was ( as always ...divine !! ) We tried amongst the staple menu a couple of the specials , the Mozzarella and Plum starter and the Sea Bass ( Scallop and King Prawn ) Main . Pasta and sauces were delightful , desert ( one each for the children , one to share for us ) well received and tasty . Fabulous !!

2  Thank madgreek18

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Went here for a meal on the Friday night of Father’s Day.
We booked for 5:00pm as we didn’t want to be caught up in the rush of people and when we walked in there was already a table or two in. I personally had the meatballs for starter and then had the pasta with pancetta, chicken, white wine and tomato sauce which was excellent unfortunately I was too full after all this food so I couldn’t even think to have a dessert, but the next time I go I will miss the starter out so I can try the desserts

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Had been meaning to try here for awhile as reviews were excellent. First impressions were good. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff. Very disappointed that there was very limited choice. A handful of starters not that cheap and no choice of appetizers such as different breads and antipasti. Mains were all pasta with no risotto which is my favourite or pizza/calzone. There were 2 specials of fish or chicken but at almost £20 is quite expensive.
Compare this to Milanos down the road which is the best Italian restaurant I've eaten at including some in Italy, and for £20.50 plus byo (which kias no longer is), there's no comparison.
Lovely place but only if you like generous portions of choice of pasta dishes.

1  Thank Lounay
Kia_Chef, Owner at Kias Pastaria, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Our speciality dish is in our name Kia’s ‘Pastaria’. Maybe you should have viewed our classic menu on our website or called us to enquiry about our menu before making a reservation with us.
There were actually four main specials and one starter special during your visit. The Burta starter is very similar to antipasti which could have been beautifully accompanied with one of our signature garlic breads.
The special mains were:
Pan-fried fillet of seabass served on a bed of wilted baby spinach with fresh crab and crayfish in parsley, olive oil and lemon juice
Fillet of chicken in a dolcelatte and porcini sauce
Ribeye Steak with wild Italian mushrooms in a truffle oil.
Slow cooked beef pasta special
We do also offer risotto on our specials board and our classic menu includes Arancini Al Funghi starter (risotto balls) which is one of our most popular dishes which I do believe you ordered during your visit.
Our prices are fair and comparable with many restaurants. We pride ourselves on freshly preparing each dish to order using ample portions of meat, fish and vegetables. Due to this my kitchen staff whom I call ‘soldiers’ spend hours preparing these fresh ingredients. On the day of your visit the kitchen staff with my myself included didn’t even have an opportunity for a break between the end of preparation and the start of service and you my friend are asking about risotto and pizza?
Our menu does state that ‘Depending upon the kitchen`s capacity pizzas and calzones are available on request’. If you had simply spoken to one of our friendly waiting staff they would have been happy to point this out to you.
With regards to the bring your owe wine offer- at the end of the day I need to pay my hard working staff a descant wage. My question to you is: Why go to a mass chain supermarket and purchase a bottle of wine and then pay a small corkage fee when you can support a small local business like ‘Kia’s Pastaria’ and buy a bottle of our house wine for a similar amount?

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I have eaten in many Italians all over the UK and even the world as it's my absolute favvv! This place was definetly the best place I have ever been to. Will definitely go back when I am next in Sheffield. :)

1  Thank Kim M
Reviewed 10 June 2018

This was the first visit by our party of four - booked on the basis of its good reviews - and we were not disappointed. The best Italian food we have had in a long while. We will be back.