“Amazing!!”

Price range: US$24 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Business hours Tuesday to Sunday 6.00Pm/11.00Pm Close Monday Open on Monday evening & lunch time for party of 10 plus.Children,family and office party are welcome. Vito's is one of the longest established Italian restaurant in Sheffield founded in 1991,gone trough two recession in the 1991 wen first open and seventeen years later in 2008 and still going strong. Owner and chef Vito Ciaraolo start is career at the age of 14 in its native town call Bella in south of Italy. We make sure you all have memorable time on your visit to Vito's with our very professional staff and owner ,always willing to help
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing authentic Italian experience in Sheffield! The staff is incredibly friendly and welcoming and I felt like home. I shall start by saying I am Italian and Vito’s restaurant is a hidden gem in Sheffield, which is definitely worth the visit. I ordered a risotto with truffle, that was delicious and Vito took me a bruschetta topped with lardo di colonnata as starter... so so tasty!! Not to mention the wine, a very good Primitivo!! The waiter is professional and ensures an Italian approach to all of his guests! That’s how I want to be treated if I enter an Italian restaurant! Good job, guys! I will definitely come back!! GRANDE VITO!

3  Thank Federica B

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went to Vito’s for my partners birthday last night. We wanted an authentic Italian restaurant instead of the usual city centre chain restaurant. We were not disappointed. The food was amazing the lamb was especially good, the wine gorgeous and the service was excellent. The menu has something for every budget. This may not be the cheapest restaurant but the quality is worth paying for The staff and Owner were lovely. We left feeling we had made new friends. We will certainly be visiting again and again. All in all it was an excellent evening. Thank you for making our evening special.

2  Thank harleychelle
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband booked a surprise birthday meal for me here. It was our first visit but most definitely won’t be our last! The food was amazing but was made even better by lovely surroundings and fantastic staff. They were friendly and attentive and couldn’t do enough to make sure we enjoyed our time at the restaurant. Thankyou to you and your lovely staff for making my birthday memorable for all the right reasons!

3  Thank Sally R
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a lovely meal there for my wife's birthday. Not just pizza's and pastas. The board menu changes all the time. Very nice people.The wine list is a bit pricey but I recommend the house wine, very nice for the price!

1  Thank DrDids
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The service experience was good, very polite and ethusiastic.
Food was tasty but nothing special - and certainly does not justify the price levels, meat and chicken dishes expensive, pasta dishes quite basic and an example house wine - £6.50 per glass - this is not a hotel this is a small suburb restaurant.
At 7pm the Restaurant on a Saturday night was quiet, about 4 tables in - probably shows that no deals means most would not pay these prices.
Also no Childs menu, so they want a pizza they have to have a full priced adult one!

1  Thank JanetteMarkSheffield
oti1, Owner at Vito's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thankyou for your review, even though I believe it is not a true reflection of the evening.

I appreciate everyone has different expectations but to say the food was expensive and nothing special is unfair. I only serve the highest quality food sourcing the finest ingredients. The majority of my produce is imported directly from Italy. I could easily buy cheaper, lower quality goods and make a handsome profit but that is not my aim. I will not compromise on taste or quality and the majority of my customers come back time after time for that very reason. My prices are no more expensive than anywhere else, you receive high end food at a competitive price.

I'm not a budget restaurant and I have no reason to do "meal deals".

When you came to dine at 7pm the second sitting had not yet arrived and had you stayed on longer, you would have then seen the restaurant was almost full.

As for children, we are more than accommodating and have many families that regularly dine with us. We do not have a specific children's menu so if you expected chicken nuggets and chips, you were in the wrong place. However we are more than happy to provide a smaller pasta dish or a pizza to share, any meat or fish dish can also be served in a smaller child's portion, that has never been a problem at Vitos.
Your bill was £48.15 to include your starter, two pizza, one pasta dish and drinks. I understand that for some people it may be expensive, as I know that for some others it would be cheap as they recognise quality!