“Wonderful Venue and Food!!”
Review of The Summer House

The Summer House
Ranked #151 of 1 540 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$6 - US$37
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went for a 50th Birthday and the service and food was excellent. Everyone in my party commented on how nice the restaurant looked, as it is very cosy and stylish. Also we all enjoyed our food, wine and and such wonderful service. A big thanks to Chloe for making everything run smoothly. Five Stars *****

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Have been here a few times. Very slow service and not very welcoming, last time order never came or before my train, won't be going ever again.

6  Thank Rob S
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We visited for my birthday lunch. Staff were friendly and service was good. Enjoyed the food we will be back soon I hope.

1  Thank EADargue
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I have experienced the Summer House several times with a variety of experiences. I took my daughter there for dinner... dinner with a difference; On the outside there is a snug log cabin tastefully embellished with lights and cushions, plus another entrance dining spaces equally as enchanting. They looked like Aprés feast and piste winter wonderland settings, especially as it was snowing, so covered in snow inside and out. On arrival we were met with a warm friendly face. All the seating arrangements were individual, surrounded by little artistic touches and fairy light features. For my daughters birthday we were complemented with a glass of Champagne with all the frills. The service was good, the food was good and we were given special attention. You made her birthday a real treat and one to remember. Thank you Chloe and Ben for presenting her with a sparkly dessert while singing happy birthday.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We have eaten here previously and enjoyed it immensely. However, our last visit was not to that standard. If you don’t have food allergies there is no problem but three of our party of six were coeliac and therefore must eat gluten free. The menu is confusing in its annotation for allergens. The chips are stated to be gluten free but are not cooked in a separate deep fryer from other foods and are open to cross contamination. The Tandoori Cod, whilst purporting to be GF is served with a deep fried onion and spinach bhaji cooked in the same deep fryer as other gluten containing foods.
Shortly after returning home one of our number was showing definite signs of gluten reaction.

Many people make the lifestyle choice of going gluten free because it’s fashionable. Coeliac sufferers have allergic reactions to gluten and can be very ill if they eat gluten. The level of awareness of cross contamination in this establishment leaves something to be desired. I hope their awareness of more life threatening allergy e.g. nut or shellfish is better because they can have fatal consequences.

3  Thank TheBr9dys