Reviews (1 618)
1 618 results
All reviews lovely grounds small lake leisure facilities groupon deal city centre sauna and steam room a bit tired lovely hotel bar food ecclesall road superior room room was large peak district very pleasant stay afternoon tea buffet style plenty of parking
147 - 152 of 1 618 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

The outside area, lobby, restaurant and bar were great. Those first impressions soon evaporated when I arrived to my room. It was a hot day, and since I was on the ground floor I could not have kept my windows open as anyone could have come in to the room. In the absence of a fan or air conditioning unit, the temperatures in the room were unbearably high.

Add to that a very outdated deco, one lamp which did not work, but worst of all was the tap which did not stop dripping the whole night. I would certainly avoid staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank cs9252016
Becky D, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kenwood Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear cs9252016,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed our recently refurbished public areas.

We will certainly take on board your comments, as with most buildings of this age unfortunately we do not have air conditioning however fans are readily available on request from reception.

I am sorry that we did not have the opportunity to address your points with the lamp and tap in your room but I will ensure this has been addressed by our maintenance team as I can not find any record of this being reported during your stay.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future and restore your faith in the hotel.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We stayed here 10 years ago when it was a Priciple Hayley Hotel. Nothing has really changed since. Check in, the girl said she didnt have my reservation, then she did. Then she asked if it was ok to opay for the stay now, then when i looked at her quizically, she then said "oops sorry yes you have already paid" (not a great welcome) , she failed to tell us about using the spa facilities i.e where to get towels from etc) We were given a double room in the old Hall part of the hoitel which is a fairly decent shank away from reception so again considering there is parking at that end she could have told us to drive and park round there for ease. She didnt. Anyway the room was large, a little dated tired but overall comfortable. Despite having a few windows onyl one opened and only about 4 inches. the room was very warm. no fan either. Still the spa was very nice as are the gardens. Its in a very quiet location but not far from the City Centre. Overall a decent little stay but I wouldnt loike to pay full price to stay here. Breakfast is very nice and is served at good times. We also ate in the hotel on one night. ordering from the bar menu it was very good. Tasty grub. Nice staff in the bar area also.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear TheSandersons07,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay.

I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to our Front Office Manager so that any training needs are addressed.

Due to the age of the property I'm afraid that we do not have air conditioning in the guestrooms and we do have restrictors on all our windows to comply with health and safety requirements. Fans are always available from reception if requested but if you are in the area again please do let us know when you make the booking and we will ensure a fan is there ready for you on arrival.

I am pleased that you were able to enjoy our Spa and grounds, we are very lucky to be so close to the City yet feel like we are completely away from all the hustle and bustle.

I will ensure your kind comments regarding your evening dinner and breakfast are passed on to our Chef's and restaurant and bar team.

I hope we will be welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

My husband and I came here beginning of June for a 2 night break.

Lobby, bar area and restaurant looked nice on arrival. Check in was swift and we used the lift as we had a lot of luggage (on a week road tripping the N of the UK) .

We had Deluxe Executive Suite - big and view if the lake.
Doors to patio were a bit stiff, and the patio was covered in bird poop and fag ends.
Needs attention and we can see the double glazing is slowly being improved on a roll out basis with these style of rooms.
4 poster bed - nice touch but the canopy is ripped which takes the sheen off a bit.
Furniture is dated - even in the supposed best rooms - so I would class the room as 3 star, even with the free coke, water and chocolates and biscuits.

Some lights were not working during our stay. Patio and Bathroom. Informed the hotel and repairs were made quickly and they left twixt bars informing us they had Twixt It - while out of the room. Nice touch.

Spa - Lovely area. This has visibly been invested in. He had the normal massage - I had the hot stones. All great and relaxing. We swam, steamed, saunered and Jacquzzied.

Breakfasts were nice and plenty of choice.

Dinner - food was lovely and tasty but need to work on presentation a bit as it did not do it justice. Wait Team were good and efficient and friendly.

Bar - well manned and friendly .

Staff- in general everyone was friendly and helpful.

Grounds - stunning and can see why popular with weddings and conferences. You could not imagine this is on the edge of the city and a stones throw from the Eccy Road!

Well done Kenwood Hall - truly one of the better Best Westerns we have stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charleygirl76

Dear Charleygirl76,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your recent stay. I am so pleased that you found are team to be friendly and helpful and that you were able to take advantage of our Spa during your time with us to enjoy a treatment each.

I will ensure that your comments regarding the presentation of dinner are passed on to our Chef's and will make sure your points related to your room have been addressed by our maintenance team.

We are currently underway with a refresh of all guest rooms so I do hope that on your next visit we will be able to delight you with a 5* stay.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Have just returned from a 2 day Chatsworth break at this hotel . Booked via Great Little Breaks. I can only say that I had a brilliant time and package was excellent. Afternoon tea on arrival was superb, evening meal was excellant, breakfast great and staff so helpful and friendly. Room very nice and quiet. Thrown into the equation were 2 tickets to Chatsworth House. What a lovely place. All in all I had a wonderful time and would definite recommend the hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Nursietn,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent Chatsworth break. I am so pleased to hear that you had a brilliant time and enjoyed all aspects of our most popular mini break package.

I hope you will be returning to see us again in the near future, the gardens at Chatsworth are truly beautiful every season and there is always something different to explore.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

We booked this deal via Travelzoo. This included bed breakfast £26 allowance each for an evening meal and house wine. There were also Chatsworth House tickets included. On arrival we were upgrated to a larger room, which was clean and spacious. The staff and service in the hotel were very good and we had a pleasant stay. There is a small lake in the grounds to walk round, and leisure facilities, although small are quite adequate. Parking is free and the botanical gardens in Sheffield are about 10 minutes drive away. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2018

Dear Kathy S,

Our Chatsworth break is really perfect for those wishing to explore the many areas of outstanding beauty we are lucky enough to have on our doorstep. I am delighted that the team were able to offer a complimentary upgrade on arrival and that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope we will be welcoming you back again soon.