“Lunch”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Awful!
Sandwiches at £9.00 a go using very ordinary brown sliced toasted bread from the supermarket across the road. Lettuce that died last week and sliced pork that was tough.
I would have complained if it were not the choice of a departing colleague. No chance of ever visiting again.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank PJMcQuillan

Reviewed 16 May 2018

We went in for a late lunch with high hopes. It is quite pleasant inside. There is lots of seating and the balance between the music and the background chatter was good. We ordered burgers but they had run out so went for pork sandwiches.
They sounded great in the description but when they arrived you could see more effort went into writing the menu than making the food. Awful.
The pork was undercooked, the bloomer was sliced white dry toast, the coleslaw was ok but the side of sweet potatoes should never have left the kitchen it was so burnt.
Lazy poor quality food. They won't be getting a second chance.

Date of visit: May 2018
2  Thank Jon b
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

I have visited several times and never had cause for complaint.
Today however was a major let down.
I ordered Hummus toast, with spinach and tomato. When it arrived the Hummus was Beetroot, which wasn’t mentioned on the menu, had it stated Beetroot Hummus, I wouldn’t have ordered as I don’t like Beetroot. I asked if there was plain Hummus as stated on the menu, an alternative would have been fine too, but the waiter just said “No, it’s made fresh each day” no offer of substitution or apology for the incorrect menu.
My friend ordered Bacon Sandwich, with butter. The bacon was rock solid and the bread not buttered. When we asked again for the butter, one tiny square was brought over. The staff were rude and unhelpful.
A shame, as Couch has always been friendly and welcoming with food to match.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Gillian M
Couchstuff, Manager at Couch Eccy Road, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Hi Gillian,

Please except my sincere apologies for your recent visit.

There is much to take from your comment and we will be actioning improvements immediately, The menu will be changed to ensure beetroot is included in the description and I have already spoke to the front of house staff about their customer service and spoken to the kitchen regarding the bacon sandwich.

If you would email me at michael.hulmes@couchstuff.co.uk I will provide you with some vouchers for a free lunch or breakfast to show you that we can do better, I really hope this doesn't put you off from future visits.

Kind regards

Mikey

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

I went to couch with my friends for breakfast and we had a really good time mainly because of the staff and how well they treated us. We will definitely be going down again.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Faeez T
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Such a great place to eat and chat, especially on a cold snowy day when it's close enough to walk to and no-one wants to take a car out. Just light lunches for us this time (a generous-sized club with tofu, lettuce, tomato, avocado and mayo, and a very generous Croque Madame topped with an egg), served quickly and really nicely-presented. We didn't have room for anything else and didn't need to eat much that evening either. A friendly atmosphere as always, and we've always liked the quirky decor (stripped-back brick, old distressed cupboard fronts and doors, brightly-painted pipework as a decoration), Highly recommended, and very popular too - deservedly so.

Date of visit: March 2018