All reviews twisted burger vegan breakfast night on the town included breakfast early night room was comfortable and clean real ale floor room full english breakfast gig stopover
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for my stag do. I stopped on the second floor an slept very well an I'm a lite sleeper (however I did wear ear plugs). It's a bed to sleep in an it was very comfy at that. It was noisy an the base was nuts, however I slept well both nights. After waking up Sunday realising I'd lost my bag (it had everything in it an the lads dressed me as a bride). Toni an Rachel both went out their way to help (even lending me phone's to ring bars) absolutely top draw they were. I was lucky enough to have my bag given in with all contents. Money,phone, debit card (which was contactless), my Barcelona wallet. Sheffield was brilliant and all 25 of us enjoyed it. Would definitely use this hotel again. Breakfast was bang on also!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank jonmint
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

If you're expecting a quiet stay forget this place. I've never stayed anywhere as noisy. The disco till 4am is so loud the room vibrates. The hotel is obviously not geared to allow staying guests to get a restful night, and it appears to cater more for late night night revellers. The receptionist was most unhelpful on check in and if you have to leave early, you certainly won't be catered for at breakfast. Sheffield is a nice city with some nice hotels, my advice is stay in one of them rather than this establishment.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank gentmichael
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

The check in was smooth with friendly staff.
The room was basic but adequate and clean.
I was told there eas a bar until 4am, which I thought would be a quiet bar for residents- wrong!!!
I returned to my hotel room about midnight after my evening out.
When I entered my room the bass level from the music downstairs was shaking and vibrating the floor!
There was no way anyone could sleep through that, so I went downstairs to the bar to find a full-on disco in full swing, DJ playing (rubbish) records with the bass up to max and about 50 revellers (some looking underage to be drinking) dancing the night away.
I had a pint, looking on with disbelief that this place could actually call itself a hotel, when it clearly has not got the remotest respect for its residents.
I understand that this hotel is near the town centre and tje younger generation wamt to party all night.
I am no old fogey and have nothing against anyone enjoying themselves, but not if it's at the expense of other people's comfort and sanity!
I went back to my hotel room after my pint and got into bed but the bass sound was so loud and thumping, my head was vibrating on my pillow.
In the end, I stuffed some toilet paper into my ears as makeshift ear plugs to deaden the sound a little.
4am, the music thankfully stopped, giving was to the sound of the party-goers slowly leaving the area.
Possibly- no, it was, the worst nights' sleep I have ever had-if you could call it a sleep!
Avoid at all costs if you want to sleep.
Breakfast included, which was nice.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Budgie910
Reviewed 22 March 2018

The Harley is located in a fairly central area close to the University, bars restaurants, supermarkets and with good public transport links. Check in is at 4 O‘clock pm (16.00) which is later than a lot of other hotels so if like us you arrive early then you may have to find a way to kill the time. You can leave your luggage though before check in so that frees you up a little bit. Also late check in gives you less time to get ready etc if you have activities planned later and have to be somewhere at a certain time.

The rooms are reasonably comfortable with TV, tea/coffee making facilities and Wi-Fi. You can borrow a hair dryer or iron from reception should you need it. All the rooms are en-suite but ours unfortunately was not provided with soap.

Attached to the hotel is a bar and dining area that serves as the breakfast area in the morning, the Twisted Burger restaurant throughout the day, and as a discotheque in the late evening/early hours.

As a hotel guest you get a 20% discount off the bill at the Twisted Burger, although I am not sure if that is for both food and drink, or just the food. The menu is quite funky with imaginative titles for dishes and the service was fairly quick and friendly. Bit of a bug bare (and I know that this sounds really picky) but you were not provided with any napkins nor where there any in the dispensers throughout the restaurant. When you are eating food it’s nice to have one, just to wipe your mouth or mop up a spill on your clothes etc. However if you asked for one they did provide something for you.

As a bar itself the drinks are reasonably priced and varied. With it being so close to Sheffield University there is quite a young, vibrant crowd as well as other hotel guests. Also there are various activities on during the week.

Around 11 O’clock pm (23.00) every night the bar turns into a disco and goes onto 4 O‘clock am (04.00). It’s quite a loud disco and can be heard in your room. Even with ear plugs in you can still hear it and feel the vibration from the bass. I was impossible to sleep until it had ended. The whole purpose of booking a hotel room is to have somewhere to sleep.

Breakfast was included and was a nice full English with tea/coffee. But again like with the Twisted Burger there were no napkins provided.

The Harley is ok if it’s just for one night, then the noise is tolerable. But with all the din I couldn’t stay more than one night and unfortunately it has put me off staying there again. It’s a shame really as the hotel has a lot of good things going about it, good value for money, great location and friendly staff. It’s just the noise from the disco that lets it down.

Room Tip: As furthest away from the discotheque as possible
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank martinmolloy72
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed in one of the Harley apartments just off West Street. Did not realise that it overlooked West Street with all it’s bars, takeaways etc. No sleep due to the noise, which was okay as we had been out in Sheffield. Otherwise would have been very unhappy. Otherwise apartment was small and very basic for the cost but clean and comfortable. My advice, avoid and for the same price get a hotel in the city centre where you will get peace and quiet and a good night’s sleep

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple