Reviews (1 468)
1 468 results
All reviews city centre st marys gate secure parking car park shower and toilet ring road third floor meal deal ecclesall road all you can eat on site parking self service key card family room good nights sleep excellent stay excellent value for money
146 - 151 of 1 468 reviews
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by this Premier Inn. The staff were excellent and the room spacious and well equipped. It offered good value for money compared to other Sheffield Premier Inns and it will now be my hotel of choice when visiting Sheffield.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Familyfivethreeboys
Louise W, Premier Inn Host at Premier Inn Sheffield City Centre (St Mary's Gate) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, St Mary's Gate

What a lovely review and something our team will be delighted to read!
I'm pleased we will now be your choice of hotel when in Sheffield and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Usual PI standards, clean rooms, comfy beds, lovely breakfast, and great staff. Perfect base for a night out in town. Surprisingly quiet too for a busy hotel. The staff were really friendly and certainly made the difference.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JamBat28

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, St Mary's Gate
I'm please our team made the difference to your stay and I hope you had a fantastic night out in Sheffield!
Be sure to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 26 October 2017

I stayed two nights at the St Marys Gate PI in Sheffield while visiting someone in the Royal Hallamshire Hospital, which is about 15 minutes away. It's a typical city centre PI, with the rooms all a few floors up from ground level.
Location wise it's convenient - there is a Waitrose over the road open to 9pm for essentials, and its fairly close to most of the centre of the city.
Unusually I did choose to breakfast in the restaurant; it was advertised to start at 6.30, I presented myself there at that time and indeed it was all ready. Breakfast was the usual PI offering, which suited me.
The room was curiously laid out; loo ans shower in the ensuite, washbasin in the room. I coped with this, but the waste control on the basin didn't work very well and I had to take the chrome plug out of the basin.
The room was cold when I arrived; on my first night I was too tired to care. On the second I tried to get the heating working; following the instructions, I pressed the control buttons only to get 'Err 291' on the display, and flashing lights on the heating unit. I could have called reception to get it sorted, but I was tired and didn't want the hassle; I suppose, in a less inexpensive hotel, the room staff check this sort of thing, and its something you have to cope with in a PI.
I did sleep quite well, there wasn't much noise in my (midweek) stay. The hotel is close to the student area so it might be noisier at weekends.
Overall I might stay there again if in Sheffield; I also might not.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Phil B

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, St Mary's Gate

Firstly I do apologise that you had issues with your heating during your stay. I do understand what an inconvenience this must have been to you but I do wish you would have contacted a member of our team who would have been happy to try and rectify the issue. We want all our guests to have a comfotable stay with us.
I am pleased you slept well tho and enjoyed our all you can eat breakfast.

I do hope that you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Whilst the hotel is undergoing alteration work in the reception area, (which was apologised for in advance), we found the experience excellent and well up to the higher end standards for a Premier Inn.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jerry728
Louise W, Premier Inn Host at Premier Inn Sheffield City Centre (St Mary's Gate) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Hi there,
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, St Marys Gate,

Unfortunately you have reviewed the wrong hotel!
The hotel in question is our sister site Premier Inn Angel St that has been undergoing a reception refurbishment.
I'm pleased to say the work is now complete and looks amazing but feel free to drop by St Marys Gate soon and meet our wonderful team :-)

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Had a really rough start due to my company messing up the booking but staff were so helpful. Katie and her manager were so nice and looked after me. Food was super as well (sea bass great). Happy stay and well trained staff with good customer service skill.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank daggerd

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, St Mary's Gate

Thank you Mr Daglish for your lovely review. I'm pleased myself and Katie managed to sort your booking out for you. Hopefully this won't be a recurring issue for you should you need to book with us in the future. I would reccommend booking directly through premierinn.com for hassle free bookings.
On the plus side I'm pleased you you enjoed your meal in the restaurant, the sea bass is amazing!
Hopefully we will see you again in the future.