“Best independent restaurant and family run one around.”
Review of Uncle Sam's

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

The best on Ecclesall road. A legend
Great food classic burgers and cheese sauce
Great family run industry.

1  Thank Miles L

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Located on Ecclesall Road, Sheffield's busiest thoroughfare for independent shops and restaurants (just off the city centre) Uncle Sam's was probably the first American style diner iin Sheffield when it opened more than 40 years ago. Times have changed but Uncle Sam's hasn't lost its original ethos of serving good quality food at moderate prices. The American railroad track round the ceiling is still mesmeric..

Reviewed 25 April 2018

I love it here, everyone has a smile, they're always pleased to see you, the food is very tasty and filling and the portions are quite large, the restaurant, kitchen, bar area and toilets are clean and the service is 2nd to none, it's been going since 1971 and outlasted every other restaurant on Ecclesall Road which speaks volumes about what they do being tried and tested, highly recommended !!!

Reviewed 24 April 2018

My wife and I have both been going to Uncle Sams since we were kids, and now we're taking our kids.

It's never changed. The cheeseburger is outstanding with the cheese sauce, the décor is the same as it's ever been and the staff are as friendly as ever.

I still love it, my wife still loves it and my kids now love it. Even the German exchange student we took with us loved it!

Recommended!

Review collected in partnership with ASUS 12 W8 IE Bookmark
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

I probably 1st visited Uncle Sams about 35 years ago. I'm pleased to tell you that it hasn't changed much. They still do the fab burgers with the runny cheese. Do let it go the way of Yankees, support your local businesses & not the chains.