“Cocktail hour was enjoyed”
Review of Bocelli 1831

Bocelli 1831
Ranked #609 of 1 562 Restaurants in Sheffield
Price range: US$3 - US$25
Description: Inspired by Alberto and Andrea Bocelli's sparkling wine collection but much more than a prosecco bar, Bocelli 1831's kitchen will be focusing on a seasonal menu using seriously gutsy and unusual flavour combinations authentic to Tuscany.
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

First time experiencing the cocktails during their happy hour, I have to say that the candy floss cocktails went down a treat, made by the Afro Caribbean mixologist made the cocktails with pride and delivered good customer service. I will without hesitation will re visit on my next trip to Sheffield. Sitting outside, basking in the warm sun, drinking cocktails was enjoyable.

1  Thank Olive F

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Firstly, we were made to feel like we wasn’t welcome and they couldn’t be bothered treating us professionally, maybe that was because our age or something but still not acceptable (three 21 year old girls)

When we first arrived we asked a bar man walking past about cocktail happy hour and he only replied with “I need you to all come the bar so I can check your ID’s first.” But he could have checked them at the table or when we went up to order. Instead of making us get up twice ....
Then when I went to order I asked if they could do a cocktail (sex on the beach) which wasn’t on the menu,the manager guy served and was very rude and just kept repeating they weren’t on happy hour offer so would be full price. I asked how much and once again another rude reply “eeer around a Tenner??”
So I just got an orange juice.

Waited over half an hour for my drink and my friends drinks (1 cocktail and another soft drink) which is absolutely ridiculous considering there was only a few tables! Didn’t even apologise for them being late when they came over

Then we just tried to enjoy ourselves in the sun and forget this rude experience. Manager came over and we paid.
Went to leave around 10 minutes later and the first bar man came over and shouted (making a scene in front of the whole street) and said “Urm ladies... yous can’t leave without paying your tab?”
So we said we had and he said “well it’s still open on the till...”

So my friend went in and directed this bar man to the manager and said ask him.. we have just paid...
And neither of the staff apologised for this accusation just said “oh ok”
So we left

Overall, rude and unpleasant staff, very slow service, made to feel very unwelcome and definitely would not go again or recommend anyone else to. Even spoons is better than here haha ...

2  Thank Chloe R
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Went for a 50th Birthday meal and was a little disappointed with the venue. It’s trying to be cool but not achieving as it’s very much still a student type of place. Food was Italian tapas!! I will leave it there!! Unfortunately not going to go back for the food but the Prosecco was 10 out of 10

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We didn’t intend coming here - but spotted a veggie breakfast in the menu so decided to try it out! Wow! We are so glad we did! Excellent food, lovely service - we will be back. It was quiet but as a new-ish place on Eccy it may need time to build a clientele.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Went in Friday for drinks wasn’t a very good atmosphere as it was VERY quiet
Cocktails took ages and not brill
Pace looks cool though