“Brilliant service, excellent food and comfortable atmosphere”

Zest At Lime Square
Ranked #28 of 678 Restaurants in Reading
Price range: US$13 - US$39
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Zest at Lime Square is a waterfront restaurant situated in Reading in Berkshire. The restaurant is decorated with plenty of glass, solid oak floors, neutral walls with warm wood tables and plush hide chairs. It has already won Reading's 'Restaurant of the Year' in 2007 and is recommended in the Michelin Guide. The menu is dynamic and diverse, offering dishes such as seared sashimi tuna, baby beetroot tart with lotus roots and caramelised onions and the 'Weeping Tiger' sirloin steak. Desserts are equally adventurous, offering anything from apple crumble with cinnamon ice cream to a 'cocktail dessert' of Bailey's, Tia Maria, Frangelico, honey, chocolate and ice cream - all blended! Three courses cost an average of £35 per person;Zest at Lime Square offers exciting food at calming prices.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This restaurant was awarded the best restaurant in Reading title some years ago. Meantime, it has improved. Worth a visit.

SalTon, Owner at Zest At Lime Square, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks for the review OnAir675101!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've been to Zest on a number of occasions and visited again just last week for dinner, it did not disappoint. I had the goats cheese croquettes to start and the smoked chicken salad for mains, both absolutely delicious and great value for money. Sally was very lovely and accommodating as usual, can't wait to come back again!

Thanks for the review blvd t, those goats cheese croquettes are delicious, we love them too!

Reviewed 30 August 2018

If going to watch the football as a special event with friends, this is the most convenient and nearest restaurant with free parking and a handy 10min walk to the ground.
Set in a beautiful setting with a water feature outside the main windows, it makes a delightful view.
Quite a restricted menu, and best to check online whether there is anything to suit and I thought slightly on the pricy side, with a burger and fish and chips both priced at £14, a sirloin steak was £25. I would have had the fish of the day, but cod fish fingers seemed a bit out of place in this type of up market restaurant.

Quite a few curry meals and my friend and I settled for a chicken curry & jasmine rice which was very mild and excellent . The two men both had the fish and chips with a little pea puree which they said was also very nice. However, the Eton mess was a disappointment, with too much whipped cream and too little berries. I had a chocolate fondant - a small souflee with ice cream which was lovely & my husband enjoyed his strawberry cheesecake with a strawberry jelly topping, all at £7.

I had a medium glass of wine at £6.50 and a pint of beer was £5. Our total bill for four mains four deserts. a wine, two pints, two ciders and a soft drink was £125.00 including a service charge.

Service was friendly and accommodating, offering to hang my coat up and for us to change table if we wanted to. A very delightful, if slightly expensive occasion

Thanks for taking the time to write a review CarolAnnBucks. I am sorry you didn't like the sound of the cod fish fingers, I can assure you they weren't anything like the Birdseye version, we had funked them up with a delicious mussel chowder! I passed your feedback re the Eton Mess straight on to the pastry chef and we amended the dish to ensure there were plenty of berries and a lot less cream. Thank you for the feedback, it is really important that we get everything right - we look forward to welcoming you back soon x

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

As a Vegan I always struggle to find fresh exciting things on a menu so after meeting colleagues here for lunch I was pleasantly surprised to see a choice I ordered Satay Summer Salad which was delicious noodles avocado onion just lovely.
My colleagues had fish and chips which looked amazing we all had a glass of Wika Tika a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and at £7.75 a glass very good value for money.
Our server was a very professional young man called Kyle he couldn’t do enough for us we would all definitely return here for lunch.
A perfect place for large business meeting like ours.

Thank you for the review SarahelenS, Kyle was chuffed with your feedback, makes it all worthwhile!

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Visited Zest again today for a business lunch. I had the Katsu Curry and what a delight it was. My taste buds danced with joy with the flavours. The photo really doesn’t due it justice. I’d highly recommend Zest. Sally and the team really look after you.

SalTon, Owner at Zest At Lime Square, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Hi RichardL, thanks again for another brilliant review - so glad you liked the chicken katsu, it will have a regular spot on the menu from the middle of this week! We look forward to seeing you again soon ;o)