All reviews scrambled egg and beans town centre continental breakfast bus stop nice breakfast comfortable stay one night stay lovely room reception staff family room tea and coffee room was large the ground floor plenty of parking comfy bed reading festival short stay
Reviewed 4 November 2018

We stay at ibis at least three to four times a year. By now all staff know us. They make us feel very welcome every time. Dominka in the bar and Esti at the reception treat us in the most kindly way.The rooms are spacious and really comfortable. We even had Dyson fan during our last stay. Overall we certainly be coming back.​

Room tip: ask for big room on arrival
Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
IbisStylesReading, General Manager at Ibis Styles Reading Oxford Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Dear Travel25919042274,

Thank you for choosing Ibis Styles Reading Oxford Rd and for taking the time to share your experience.

I am thrilled to read that you had an excellent stay with us and that we met all your expectations. At Ibis, we consider that it is our mission to make our guests feel special and acknowledged and I am happy that we were able to succeed in that.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in the future.

Please do reach out to me directly concerning your future visit.

Reviewed 4 November 2018

Stayed here for one night whilst visiting family and to do some shopping. On a regular bus route into city centre. Car parking 5 pounds per night. Check in straight forward. Friendly staff. Room clean and basic. Breakfast was fine. All in all ok for a nights stopover.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Sarah,

Thank you very much for your feedback about our hotel.

We really appreciate your feedback, as this is our best resource for improving our guest services, which we are always trying to do.

I do hope very much that you will return to the hotel in the future, as we do try our utmost to enable all our guests to enjoy their experience.

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed in much better budget hotels. Was expecting travelodge/premier inn standard but this is terrible in comparison. Should be an ibis budget not an ibis styles. Room was too hot, bed uncomfortable with rock hard pillows and the towels were tiny. Breakfast was very very basic. If you’re a light sleeper, pray you’ve got quiet neighbours. I could hear everything that was happening next door including the person they were speaking to on the other end of the phone. Walls are so thin! Only stay here if you have absolutely have no other option.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Laura,

Thank you for booking a room at Ibis Styles Hotel and for taking the time to review your experiences.

I am very sorry to hear that you found your room too hot. Our radiators are equipped with thermostatic valve which allows for turning the heating up or down to suite your desired temperature. I am sorry you were not made aware of this prior to your arrival.

I was disappointed to read that our pillows failed to live up to your expectation. Rest assured, I will be investigating this further and see what improvements and upgrades can be made to provide a better value to our guests.

Last but not least I am a big believer that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and therefore it is imperative that the standard of the breakfast and the service are always excellent. I am very concerned to hear that you found our free offerings basic. The Ibis Styles brand provides an unlimited continental buffet breakfast included in the rate. This span a range of products which most find perfectly adequate. Additionally, at no extra charge we also serve three hot items to add further value. Rest assured, I shall investigate it further and get any shortcomings rectified as a matter of urgency.

If your travels bring you to Reading area again, please contact me directly (01183593290) prior to your next visit. I would be delighted to assist you with room allocation and try my utmost to ensure that your stay is a memorable and pleasant one.

Many thanks and renewed apologies

With kind regards,

Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel was extremely basic. We were quite a large group but only one person checked us in which took forever (despite a second person standing there). The walls were like paper, I could hear absolutely everything. The pillows were rock solid. Definitely wouldn't stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Chloe,

Thank you very much for your feedback about our hotel.

Reviewed 28 October 2018

Read lots of poor reviews after we booked but we were very pleasantly surprised.
Great staff, lovely room which was quite spacious and very good breakfast. Could not fault it. Would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: October 2018
IbisStylesReading, General Manager at Ibis Styles Reading Oxford Rd, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear Glyn59,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to your return visit.

Please do reach out to me directly concerning your future visit.